Please give your opinions on Lightscapade and Nothernlights MSF

cocodivatime

I have a chance to get these online but obviously cannot try them on first.

I'm wondering how they show up on the skin. I'm a NC44 i think. I can't remember. A caramel tone brown.

Is lightscapade a nude or pink color. and does nothern lights come out really pink or is it subtle.

thanks so much. I'm thinking to go for lightscapade but I would love some opinions. I am really into a made up eye with a nude lip lately if that helps. But i change all the time.

neezer

Real talk, if you are anything in the fortys i dont think lightscapde is a good choice for you. It's too light. Northern Light is a nice rosey gold but not really chalky more so smooth, i cant think of the word i wanna say but i use Northern LIGHT (i dont know why we always wanna say lights, it's light lol) all the time, and i love it. Also you might be pleased with New Vegas or Petticoat.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
Real talk, if you are anything in the fortys i dont think lightscapde is a good choice for you. It's too light. Northern Light is a nice rosey gold but not really chalky more so smooth, i cant think of the word i wanna say but i use Northern LIGHT (i dont know why we always wanna say lights, it's light lol) all the time, and i love it. Also you might be pleased with New Vegas or Petticoat.

LOL. I'm not in my 40s. I'm approaching 30 soon
winkiss.gif

But I definitly don't want anything chalky. i just want a pretty pinky glow.

LOL. i always say Northern LightS too. LOL. I dont know why I add the S. LOL

cocodivatime

Oh--speaking of MSFs. What is the best brush to apply these?
I have a 168, 187, 129 and a small fat buffer brush but i don't know what # it is. Its the small one with the black handle.

thanks
thmbup.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Oh--speaking of MSFs. What is the best brush to apply these?
I have a 168, 187, 129 and a small fat buffer brush but i don't know what # it is. Its the small one with the black handle.

thanks
thmbup.gif

I'm a NC45/NW43. I like Lightscapade. Just as Frocher said it's a soft pastel pink. It's very soft and pretty. The brush that's best to use depends on the result you want and how pigmented the MSF is. I like my color more concentrated and more precise so I use the 109 and apply the MSFs over blush or along the top of my cheekbones.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I'm a NC45/NW43. I like Lightscapade. Just as Frocher said it's a soft pastel pink. It's very soft and pretty. The brush that's best to use depends on the result you want and how pigmented the MSF is. I like my color more concentrated and more precise so I use the 109 and apply the MSFs over blush or along the top of my cheekbones.

ok thanks. So its not ashy on you? Hmm.

The result that I want is a sligiht all over glow to the face. Not concentrated in any specific area. Which would be best for that?

aziajs

Quote:
ok thanks. So its not ashy on you? Hmm.

No. It's no ashy on me.

Quote:
The result that I want is a slight all over glow to the face. Not concentrated in any specific area. Which would be best for that?

Use a 187.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
No. It's no ashy on me.

Use a 187.

oh great. I have the 187
thmbup.gif

Ok one more question. Sorry. I already have Warmed. I saw New Vegas and it looked pretty in the packaging. Does anyone know if its gonna be too close to Warmed?? Is it rosy or bronzey?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
winkiss.gif

She meant 40s as in NC/NW 40's, not age. Lol, that was cute. I'm NW45 and Lightscapade was too light for me but I love Northern Light. I agree with the other person who recommended Albatross.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
oh great. I have the 187
thmbup.gif

Ok one more question. Sorry. I already have Warmed. I saw New Vegas and it looked pretty in the packaging. Does anyone know if its gonna be too close to Warmed?? Is it rosy or bronzey?

NV is not like Warmed at all. New Vegas is gold, sheer-white gold with a bit of copper veining. The color description reads "Fleshy golden beige with bronze pearl" but it is not bronzy, not like Warmed anyway. They also have very different textures. NV is a bit more loose and gritty, whereas Warmed is more finely milled and smoother.

sweetface

Does anyone know if any of these coloured MSFs will be appearing in future collections this year? They all came out before I started collecting MAC

neezer

Quote:
winkiss.gif

lol i meant forties like NC 40 NW 40 LOL...not your age
smiles.gif

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface
Does anyone know if any of these coloured MSFs will be appearing in future collections this year? They all came out before I started collecting MAC

i had a conversation with one MA about them and she said that they would come out once every year in a half...so...if that's the case then i guess 09 would be next? because Warmed and Light Flush came out with N collection right? (correct me if i am wrong)

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
From the swatch forum:

msf.jpg

MSF_Swatches.jpg

The second pic is MsButterfli's. She lists the colors as:

Lightscapade
shimpagne
new vegas
global glow
shooting star
warmed
lightflush
Northern Lights
Glissade

thanks for the swatch by the way. I meant to tell you that earlier
thmbup.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
lol i meant forties like NC 40 NW 40 LOL...not your age
smiles.gif

Ha ha ha.
th_LMAO.gif
My bad. Told you I was a newbie. LOL

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
She meant 40s as in NC/NW 40's, not age. Lol, that was cute. I'm NW45 and Lightscapade was too light for me but I love Northern Light. I agree with the other person who recommended Albatross.

LOL. I'm embarrased. Sorry.
cutey.gif

aziajs

I agree that New Vegas and Warmed are completely different in color and texture. New Vegas is a yellow gold. It is the ONLY MSF I have that I never wear. It's the only one that doesn't look good on my skin. I don't have warmed because I have Shooting Star and I figured it was close enough. Warmed is a warm bronzey shade but it's so close to my skintone that I it wasn't worth the purchase.

aziajs

I agree that New Vegas and Warmed are completely different in color and texture. New Vegas is a yellow gold. It is the ONLY MSF I have that I never wear. It's the only one that doesn't look good on my skin. I don't have warmed because I have Shooting Star and I figured it was close enough. Warmed is a warm bronzey shade but it's so close to my skintone that I it wasn't worth the purchase.

Latest posts