please help me get rid of the redness on my face!

fadedillusions

hey everyone!
i am getting so so aggravated.
i am a very pale girl and haven't really had any problems with my skin. i would touch up breakouts with a concealer and off id go. well this winter my face is all kinds of red and dry! i bought some mousse foundation and some mineral foundation and it doesnt seem to cover up the redness. please help! im almost embarrassed from it!
cry.gif

also could the redness be caused by me exfoliating too much?

Fairybelle

Sounds like your skin is irritated... I would give it a break by laying off the harsh exfoliators, and using a gentle, non-fragranced, non-irritating cleanser for sensitive skin (Cetaphil makes a good one). Don't use alcohol-based products, like harsh toners, either. Just let your skin calm down first. Clinique Redness Solutions line is pretty good, and just like dominichulinda stated above, a green-based primer is good to neutralize the redness. Also, I would hold off on the mineral makeup for a bit until your skin calms down. Although most are 'natural' many contain bismuth oxychloride (for that 'glow') which is actually an irritant for some skintypes (makes skin itch, aggrivates acne and may lead to cystic acne). If you want to use mineral MU look for lines that don't include bismuth oxychloride! HTH!

caffn8me

Lay off exfoliation for a few days and try a high strength Vitamin E cream - it works wonders for me. You should be able to find it in places like GNC.

Lozzalozza

I agree with what the others have said. You have sensitive skin and your face must be reacting to certain products that you have been using. Try to stop only use one product at a time to see what you are reacting to and maybe look for products that are catered towards sensitive skin like Avene Thermal Water Spray.

foomph

I just started using Clinique's Redness Solutions line!

I can say that the moisturizer is AMAZING! (NO stinging!) and the green corrective primer is fantastic.

As for long-term reuslts, I haven't been using it for long enough to tell

MsEclectic

Im afraid so to say that i think its the mineral foundation thats probably doing it to you. try switching foundations to a non mineral one and using a moisturiser with vitamin e could really help
winkiss.gif

sinergy

yea mineral foundations have done that to me before, actually the maybelling pressed mineral powder, i cant wear that alone on my skin because it irritates it so much and makes it itchy and red. also Physician's Formula drug store brand makeup makes a green powder compact that you can wear under or over your makeup it works great!

Miss. Herzeleid

I had this i think its because of the lack of humidity in the winter air.
ssad.gif

What i did was exfoliate every two nights before i went to bed to get rid of the old flaky skin (ahhhh) then i would put on a very good and slightly thick moisturizer on before i went to bed.
In the morning i would wash my face with Cliniques mild soap and apply their dramaticly different moisturiser.
This helped me and now my skin is a little dry around the edges and the redness has gone.
smiles.gif

So i hope this helped.

Oh also....dont use mouse foundation.
Put a concealer over the red areas (prefferably a green one) then blend. After you have done that put a drop of moisturiser in your foundation and apply that all over you face.