Potential job!!

toropcheh

I may have a potential job for a photoshoot!! It's not paying but at least I would get to start my portfolio (they're giving mua and the hair stylist a few tear sheets each). I have no idea how to go about this... should I ask if there is someway to get in contact with the model, to find out her coloring and to maybe have a "run-through"? I mean, obviously, this would involve me having to buy TONS of new stuff... :-D Not complaining though! Holy craps I'm nervous. Someone help me!

This is still only a *potential* job... I don't know if I'll even get it!

nphernetton

Any photographer will tell you that they'd rather shoot a model who is working with a MUA rather than one who is trying to do her hair/makeup completely on her own. Plus, most models would rather not have to worry about messing up their own makeup, as it's harder to do your own than have someone do it for you, and MUAs have such amazing ideas!

I'm sure that if you ask the photographer, or whoever you are going through, if they'll ask the model if you can have her # or email, they will and the model will be more than happy to give you the info.

Find out if there is any focus on this shoot...example, I did one that focused on a gold chain link bikini last night, so I *yes* did my (own) makeup in bold dramatic gold tones. From there you could get some basic ideas, and then at the run-through, work them out to fit your model perfectly! Best of luck to you!

toropcheh

Thanks so much for all of that advice! I just thought it might seem a little awkward if I just asked for the model's info right away ya know?
smiles.gif

Latest posts