Prescriptives: Custom Blend or Colorprint?

concertina

Has anyone had either of these done?

Can you share your experience with me? How accurate the match was? How long it took? etc?

Also, I have incredibly sensitive, prone to redness and acne, dry skin....anybody else out there had success with prescriptives?

Thanks!

Winthrop44

I have not tried Custom Blend but I've considered it. I have dry, uber-sensitive skin with rosacea (so prone to redness but it's under good control at the moment) and have to be very careful with anything I put on my face...can't use any oils at all, bismuth, free propylene glycol, among other things. I recently tried Prescriptives Virtual Skin and really liked it. Shade-wise I just picked my own online as it was pretty obvious to me. It looked great and it didn't irritate my skin, at least after a couple tries. I still prefer my Alima MMU both for looks and ingredients, but it's always nice to have options. I was considering trying the Prescriptives Custom Blend more for getting rid of the chemical sunscreen in Virtual Skin than for color matching purposes because Ecru is a very good match for me, but then I would be getting talc which I'd also prefer to avoid. All in all, I'm quite happy with Virtual Skin for a liquid foundation. FYI, here are the ingredients for Virtual Skin and Level 1 Custom Blend base, as provided to me by Prescriptives consumer care:

VIRTUAL SKIN FOUNDATION:

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: OCTINOXATE 5.40%
INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] DIMETHICONE [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE SE [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] TALC [] CHOLESTEROL [] TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT [] MELANIN [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT [] POLYACRYLAMIDE [] PALMITIC ACID [] C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN [] LAURETH-7 [] LINOLEIC ACID [] PEG-9 DIMETHICONE [] CITRIC ACID [] SODIUM CITRATE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] SORBIC ACID [] IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] METHYLPARABEN [] [+/-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] MICA]

Custom Blended Foundation Level 1

Level 1 –

INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] DIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] TEA-STEARATE [] GLYCERYL DISTEARATE [] TALC [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] STEARETH-10 [] SILICA [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LECITHIN [] BISABOLOL [] CHOLESTEROL [] TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE [] DIMETHICONOL [] TOCOPHERYL OLEATE [] MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE [] TEA-ISOSTEARATE [] CELLULOSE GUM [] XANTHAN GUM [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] SORBIC ACID [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] METHYLPARABEN [] BUTYLPARABEN [] ISOPROPYLPARABEN [] ISOBUTYLPARABEN [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

As you can see they both contain parabens, which is the ingredient side of why I prefer the MMU, but I don't think they are otherwise too bad for someone with sensitive skin. I think there are some informative reviews about Custom Blend and the process in Productville on MUA. HTH!

JustDivine

I had the Px CB concealer done, she asked to remove my makeup from an area of my face that I felt comfortable with (but obv an area where I would be using the concealer).

I dunno, I felt self conscious being on the shop floor in public view but I guess it had to be done! It didn't take too long, 10 mins max but she tried, tested, added and changed until it was right. My match was v accurate and I love it. I'd def get it done again but this one will last me ages.

My friend got the foundation done and she is in love. It is the perfect match, looks flawless in photos and she def thinks it's worth the money.

FiestyFemme

I've never been colorprinted, but I do like and use Px foundations. I've tried Virtual Skin, Virtual Matte, and Flawless. I like the Virtual Skin most. It's natural looking, yet makes my skin look flawless. Virtual Matte was too heavy and matte, and Flawless was just too heavy. I've got normal to dry, super sensitive, very acne prone skin, and Px is the only brand I'll use for liquid foundation. Since I know it works for me, I like to stick with it. I don't use it everyday anymore though. I've switched to minerals, and the Px is just for special occasions when I need to look super polished.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I've never been colorprinted, but I do like and use Px foundations. I've tried Virtual Skin, Virtual Matte, and Flawless. I like the Virtual Skin most. It's natural looking, yet makes my skin look flawless. Virtual Matte was too heavy and matte, and Flawless was just too heavy. I've got normal to dry, super sensitive, very acne prone skin, and Px is the only brand I'll use for liquid foundation. Since I know it works for me, I like to stick with it. I don't use it everyday anymore though. I've switched to minerals, and the Px is just for special occasions when I need to look super polished.

I agree w/FF and I love Prescriptives!

I've been colorprinted and it took 10 mins. I was matched one shade darker than normal (which happens to me all the time) but it looked good, so I wasn't bothered by it. Dept store lighting isn't the best and I didn't want to go outside ATM to check it.

Px foundations are the best in terms of matching my skin tone. I am very pleased. I have acne prone skin that is sensitive and combination in type. I just started using their mineral powder as well because I trust them when it comes to base. They are pricey IMO but worth it because they suit me.

Latest posts