Procrastination!

Tonitra

Does anyone else notice that when they should be doing things like reading material for a class, or writing their essay that is due this week, or maybe studying for that midterm next Monday, they some how end up on specktra? I am extremely prone to doing just that. In fact I'm doing it right now. I must say, this message board makes an absolutely irresistible procrastination-aid.
Last year my roommate and I would get each other to download "net-nanny" programs on each others computers and then prevent access to key procrastination websites, and even in extreme cases to MSN. I hope it doesn't come to that this time, because I'm not sure I'd survive.
Anyone else have this problem?
rofl.gif

serendipityii

I have a paper due tomorrow at 10AM and I found myself on Specktra all day, reading abso-frickin-lutely everything on the site.

I did finish my essay though.

Jacq-i

Yeah... I guess you know you're procrastinating when you decided to search "procrastination" and bring up OLD threads...

NutMeg

Yup, my math midterm tomorrow makes me think I should read over my notes... But I really want to see if anyone's said anything interesting here since I checked last three hours ago. I'm sick, sick I tell you!

gigglegirl

lmao I love it. Well I don't love it but its good to know there are other ppl who procrastinate as much as I do. Exam today, in 4 hours. Thought I'd get up early, review notes and the like. But nope, I decided to just check out Specktra, see what I'd missed since I'd last logged in. Yeah bad. oh well
smiles.gif

Specktra has definitely been a helpful distraction, that helps when you need "breaks"....though I prob. take far too many!

CantAffordMAC

I should be taking a shower. This happens everyday...I'm supposed to be getting ready but I end up here. Thats why it takes me 3 hours altogether
smiles.gif

PomPoko

My favourite saying is "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?" Ugh, I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator, but its one thing I am truly super at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I should be taking a shower. This happens everyday...I'm supposed to be getting ready but I end up here. Thats why it takes me 3 hours altogether
smiles.gif

I do that too! I'm like...Lalala, drying my hair, whoops here I am at the laptop again looking at peoples FOTD's. Worst idea possible is to have my computer on when getting ready. Especially if I've got to be out of the house by a certain time.

You can guarantee I'll sit looking at the clock thinking "Ten more minutes of Specktra time...oh how about Myspace. Now Facebook. Oh look it's been five minutes since I checked Hotmail. Oooh Specktra. Nothing new? K. Myspace."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I don't really feel like talking about procrastination now. I'll do it later. :|

lmao.gif

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPoko
YYou can guarantee I'll sit looking at the clock thinking "Ten more minutes of Specktra time...oh how about Myspace. Now Facebook. Oh look it's been five minutes since I checked Hotmail. Oooh Specktra. Nothing new? K. Myspace."
lmao.gif

Haha! That's meeeee. Whoops. Well it's more like Specktra-MakeUp Alley-MySpace-Ebay-Gmail-Specktra again and again. lol

GreekChick

Dude, I had my midterms this week, and I did nothing but come on Specktra, post more than usual, refresh my pages 100 times, and generally lurk around. I often do things I wouldn't normally do, if I weren't studying: I grab the mop and start cleaning, I apply masks on my skin, I watch alot of Dr. Phil. I hate Dr. Phil.
Then, around 10 pm, feeling all stressed and panicky, I somehow end up buried in my books.

labellavita7

Oh yes.. I have a midterm tomorrow and all I've been doing is watching Arrested Development and reading the posts on Specktra. sigh.... i wish homework was this interesting

gigglegirl

Wow today was a new low (well really high in #) of distractions contributing to my procrastination. I'm in my last term of university and have 5 courses I'm working on, 3 by distance. Ugh. I was writing an 8 page essay today (due Thurs) and I was refreshing the "new posts" every 30 mins it seems. I have a midterm next week and a group case to do as well. Oh and perhaps begin on the distance courses!!

I find lately I'm so stressed and overwhelmed by the sheer number of things I have to do, that instead of starting to chip away at it all, I throw up my hands, come here or play some mindless time management online game. AWFUL! :S

Just felt like bitching a bit. Thanks!--Tempted to get my brother to disable the internet when they're gone to work but I know I need the 'net for some research so that wouldn't necessarily work. UGH

kalikana

Oh hell yea. 1 essay, 1 midterm, 1 test, 1 quiz - all next week. Haven't started for any of them. It doesn't sound that bad, but still... for me, it's a lot. LOL. Especially the essay.

Is it bad that I care more about Specktra & MAC, than all those things? lol. I can't help it.. ahaha. xD

Willa

I can tell you, I am the queen of procrastination...
All day long at work, I go online
Especially these days, I have boring stuff to do that can wait, so here I am
th_dunno.gif

V15U4L_3RR0R

I have 4 dread orders to fill, one of which is already very late and other has be be in belgium by the 7th of Feb I'm still sat here procratinating. Another late night for me then....

Latest posts