Products you're using instead of dc'd items

MissDeViousDiVa

If you can't get your hands on shadesticks or paints anymore, what are you using instead?

I've never tried any of the shadesticks or paints, just Painterly paint pot. I have no problem at all with the paint pots except for the variety of colors. The McQueen ones looked awesome but they're LE so there isn't anything all that close to them available now. I'd like it if they had similar alternatives like some sort of yellow p/p or pink to make up for Corn s/s and Canton Candy paint being dc'd, etc. since they're phasing everything out.

I don't buy/swap online and I probably can't get to a CCO, but I'd like to try some colored bases.
smiles.gif

bebs

if you can get to a pro store or do an online order, the pro paint sticks are great as a base for anything you can put on your face or your body. ccb's are pretty good, and if you can look beyond mac there are many other brands that make nice products too.

however I think that this would have been better in the rec's thread.

MissDeViousDiVa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
if you can get to a pro store or do an online order, the pro paint sticks are great as a base for anything you can put on your face or your body. ccb's are pretty good, and if you can look beyond mac there are many other brands that make nice products too.

however I think that this would have been better in the rec's thread.

Those pro paint sticks look good, I love multipurpose products. I don't mind if something isn't mac, I'd like to check out those NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils but I haven't purchased anything from them so I'm not sure how good they are.

Is there an actual rec's thread? I know of the forum and couldn't decide whether to post this here or there but decided on here since it's for discussion or questions involving dc'd products and I hoped the readers in this forum would be in the same position, looking for new alternatives to their favorite products. If it doesn't belong here, then I hope a mod will move it to the right place.

I've never used jumbo nyx pencils, but I've heard amazing things. I've seen lots and lots of people that are MAC fanatics use them if they have a color that doesn't exist (or they don't have) in a shadestick. I use the Loreal HIP "shadesticks" occasionally, they have unbelievable staying power. Incredible. I put it on my hand and it stayed on for over a day, even through a shower, and it took makeup remover to get it off. They only have like 5 colors, but most of them are pretty intense (like dark red, dark green, etc). They are a reasonable alternative.

miss_bailey

like someone else said cream colour bases! they work a treat and personally i think they have more uses that shadesticks.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeViousDiVa
Those pro paint sticks look good, I love multipurpose products. I don't mind if something isn't mac, I'd like to check out those NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils but I haven't purchased anything from them so I'm not sure how good they are.

Is there an actual rec's thread? I know of the forum and couldn't decide whether to post this here or there but decided on here since it's for discussion or questions involving dc'd products and I hoped the readers in this forum would be in the same position, looking for new alternatives to their favorite products. If it doesn't belong here, then I hope a mod will move it to the right place.

I want to try the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as well. Also the MUFE Flash Color looks promising, although I am not sure what the crease factor would be like.

MissDeViousDiVa

Thanks guys
smiles.gif
If anyone else out there is looking for colored bases, what I like are the lip and eye pencils from Hot Topic. I use them over Painterly p/p and they don't crease. There's also a pretty decent variety of colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyinchains
I've never used jumbo nyx pencils, but I've heard amazing things. I've seen lots and lots of people that are MAC fanatics use them if they have a color that doesn't exist (or they don't have) in a shadestick. I use the Loreal HIP "shadesticks" occasionally, they have unbelievable staying power. Incredible. I put it on my hand and it stayed on for over a day, even through a shower, and it took makeup remover to get it off. They only have like 5 colors, but most of them are pretty intense (like dark red, dark green, etc). They are a reasonable alternative.

awesome, I really do need to go check those nyx pencils out. I'll look at those HIP ones too, I hate how each of their products don't have a lot of colors but the ones you listed sound like good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPixie
GOSH cosmetics make a product essentially identical to the MAC shadesticks.

Oh that's awesome, although I don't think we have GOSH in the states. I'll check their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I've never tried the p/p or s/s, but I do love the paints, esp. sublime nature.

I really want to try some of the paints, they have a few good colors on the site still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
like someone else said cream colour bases! they work a treat and personally i think they have more uses that shadesticks.

Ooh good idea! I've seen people use certain ones as highlights but I haven't had a look to see what other colors there are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I want to try the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as well. Also the MUFE Flash Color looks promising, although I am not sure what the crease factor would be like.

weirdddd I just found out about those today lol someone did a really great bright red white and blue look for the 4th and used a Flash Color for all 3 colors. I wanted to go look up what they were and then saw your post and followed the link. The variety of colors is impressive, that actually looks almost exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

-moonflower-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPixie
GOSH cosmetics make a product essentially identical to the MAC shadesticks.

I find these go on much more easily than shadesticks, I think I prefer them to shadesticks actually.

Latest posts