• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Purple/Pink/Orange Eyshadow Tutorial [My first tutorial!]

mikakai

Ok, so I've been doing this make up for some time. So I thought I would share it with you guys.

Its a blend of purple, pink and orange with a cat eye look. [I suck at describing]

Some of the stuff I used I can't tell you the name, because either I got it as a freebie from a magazine [cheapskate, I know!] or the names have rubbed off.

I used:

DSC00867.jpg

Tesco Make-Up Soufflé Foundation in Soft Linen
Pro 120 Palette [Colours used are circled]
W7 Liquid Eyeliner [From Ethel Austins]
Freebie Mascara
Glittery Black Eyeliner [Name has rubbed off]

Ok then, lets start!

Without Make-Up
DSC00840.jpg

Step 1
Put foundation on, any that suits your skin. I used Tesco's Souffle in Soft Linen, as it perfectly fits my skintone.
DSC00841.jpg

Step 2
On the inner corner of your eye, put the orange eyeshadow on, only going 1/3 of the way, 1/2 at most.
DSC00844.jpg

Step 3
Next, put the pink right next to the orange you just put on, slightly overlaying it, so it helps to blend after. Put that another 1/3 of the way.
DSC00845.jpg

Step 4
When you've done that, put the purple on, covering the rest of the eyelid. It doesn't matter if its not all even at the top yet, we can sort that while we are blending. REMEMBER: You can use any shade you like, these are my favourite ones though. And use any make you have, doesn't matter.
DSC00846.jpg

Step 5
Blending time! Use any brush you have, your finger or the applicater you used, making sure you don't use the same side you used on purple with the orange.
DSC00847.jpg

Step 6
Using liquid eyeliner, line your top lid. You don't have to do it as heavy as mine. Then, with a steady hand, do your catflick. Hopefully, yours will turn out better than mine. But I like big catflicks for this look.
DSC00849.jpg

Step 7
Using a khol eyeliner, underline your waterline and underneath your lashes [ONLY GENTLY! You don't want to look like a raccoon!]. Blend it into the catflick.
DSC00851.jpg

Step 8
Add mascara. Any mascara. I used my black and white one, white first though. I also used mascara on the top of my top eyelashes to give them more volume. Tip: Tilt your head back and wiggle your brush to get an even un-clumpy coverage. And if you have false lashes, put them on now [I don't have any].

And there you have it! End results!

DSC00854.jpg
DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg
DSC00858.jpg

DSC00860.jpg
DSC00865.jpg

What do you think? [Sorry about the pictures, I got carried away :p]
Tell me if anything should change, tips, or compliments
greengrin.gif

Brittni

CC: I would work on your blending more. Especially seeing as you didn't have the eyeshadow coming above the crease, yet at some points it did peak through just by uneven layering of the colors... like on the inner V I especially noticed it. And the outer part of the eye, where the purple is, I think you didn't cover it all...

The colors you used are so pretty together and you are good at winged liner though!

Latest posts