Question about MAC's eyshadow pots/lipstick casings...

BadPrincess

I was just wondering has anyone else ever gotten items where the casing had like a small hole or dent? Here's a picture because I really don't know how to describe what I'm talking about. I purchased these off ebay but I had also seen items described like this on MUA. I thought it might be because maybe MAC marks the free stuff they give the employees or something.

bellaetoile

yes, i do beleive thats the marking on gratis packaging, given to employees, although i could be wrong. i don't work for mac, nor have i ever gotten anything with holes drilled, but i think someone mentioned either here, on livejournal, or on MUA that they did that to employee products now, to try to cut down on sales and/or returns.

ninabruja

yeah, that looks like gratis stuff. does the seller work for mac? selling gratis is a huge no-no. if they do work for mac you can report them.

Corvs Queen

Why in the world would you want to stir up dirt over someone selling product that they clearly don't want.

Kind of snotty in my opinion.

BadPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Why in the world would you want to stir up dirt over someone selling product that they clearly don't want.

Kind of snotty in my opinion.

I wasn't stirring dirt.... I just wanted to know what the holes were about because the auction said NEW & then I get them & not only were they swiped but they had holes!!

Corvs Queen

That wasn't directed to you in any way. I was talking to the poster above me.

"if they do work for mac you can report them."

Why???

BadPrincess

opps sorry
ssad.gif

No worries I wouldn't report anyone thats just none of my business what they do either sell,keep or give away the free stuff.

Piaqua

I would feel badly selling make-up I got gratis from MAC. I guess the reason to report them is that in the long run, a MUA who got free makeup and turns around and sells it is costing MAC the cost of a sale they could have made, so it loses the company money...

martygreene

the sale of gratis is against MAC employee policy, and is a huge problem for MAC with ebay being as popular as it is.

Corvs Queen

I know that it's policy.
All I'm saying is why in the world would someone stir up dirt over the matter.
What's to gain from it?

farra712

I agree in to both things. One of my friends works at MAC and she always is getting gratis that she won't wear. If she were able to sell it to me and I liked it, I would buy it again, whereas if I had to drive out to the MAC counter to try it, I probably never would. Also, if I buy it from her, she can turn around and use that money to buy something from them that she does like! Although I know some people will take advantage.....Anyway, yes this is the mark they do for gratis the employees get.

bellaetoile

why should an employee PROFIT from a PRIVELEGE they are lucky to receive in the first place? the selling of gratis, really, is only going to eventually persuade MAC to stop handing out gratis products altogether, which seems really sad. its not that hard for employees not to get greedy, and to abide by a contract they signed when they were hired that includes NOT SELLING GRATIS. i'm don't work for MAC, but i see the gratis selling, and i find it really sad, since i know a few VERY hard working, honest MAs who would never sell their gratis, yet its being threatened that the gratis will be taken away completely.

shabdebaz

I think it is unethical to sell gratis. If someone doesn't want theirs, even though technically they are supposed to wear it to work, then they can always GIVE it away, I suppose. It is a privilege to receive it, it would be a shame if that would be taken away.

user79

Oh please, MAC makes enough profits. Reporting someone to Ebay on that reason is just lame. Besides, I don't even know if Ebay would do anything about it, since they don't have to abide by MAC's rules to their employees. What she is doing is not illegal, it's just maybe unethical.

Latest posts