Question to moms

Calhoune

How old where you when you had your first child?

And, did you wish back then, or do you wish now, that you would have waited longer or had a child sooner? Why so?

I'm just asking out of curiosity, and to see especially what younger moms think about it, but I am of course happy to know what everyone has to say about it
smiles.gif

Wannabe Junkie

I was 29 when I had my son and I'm 31 now and expecting my second very soon.

I'm happy that I waited to have him when I did. I'd done plenty of living and pleasing myself by that stage and so I don't think I miss that kind of freedom. I think I would have felt more nervous about looking after a child and being responsible if I'd have children in my early 20's too.

*Stargazer*

I was 24 when I had my oldest daughter. I just had my third child and I'm 28. My mother had my oldest sister at 18 and my youngest sister at 40. I wanted very much to avoid both of those extremes. Our timing has been perfect for us. When our kids are ready to leave home, my DH and I will still be young enough to enjoy ourselves.

Shimmer

I was 17 with my first, 23 with my last. I am actually really glad I had them young (though I'm not a proponent of teenaged pregnancies...), because I'll be able to enjoy them as well as life after them.
smiles.gif

mzcelaneous

I was 19 when I had my first and now 25 with my second. I never wanted children, ever but I have no regrets with my decision at all. I don't think my views would be different if I decided to have kids at a later age and I'm happy that I had my daughter at 19. I too, also am not for teenage pregnancies, but in certain cases where the parents are mature and responsible enough, having kids young can benefit the child.

red

I was 25
smiles.gif

Now Joshua is 17 & Jordan 16 -- had them back to back, glad I did it ... painful having 2 children in diapers at the same time.

I love my boys
eyelove.gif

jenii

I'm 27 now, and I had my daughter at 25.

I'm glad I did it then, because that's when I was ready to do it.

tsukiyomi

How old where you when you had your first child? I was 21

And, did you wish back then, or do you wish now, that you would have waited longer or had a child sooner? Why so? Absolutely not. She was a planned baby and she came at the perfect time.

panda0410

19 when I had my first, now I'm 31 and having my 5th! lol
smiles.gif
If I did it again I would finish my studies first - I'm a med student and should be in my final year, but with the babies I have had so much time off I may have forgotten what I previously learnt
winks.gif
In all honesty I adore my babies, but in hindsight I might have waited.

glamqueen1

I was 31 when I gave birth to my son. Before I got pregnant, I wasn't interested in having children AT ALL, and the pregnancy was a chock! Now, of course ,I think it's the best that has happened to me, I adore my son
eyelove.gif
! Having him forced me to grow up, and slowly change my lifestyle. No more hopping around with unstable income and constant moving around. Now I'm 38 and quite content with my life. It was a big change that turned out to the best!

mrsjeffhardy

i had my daughter Scarlet when i was 18,and my son Scott when i was 20. i turned 21 a month after he was born. (im 21 now) he was born on june 20th,my birthday was july 15th. he passed away when he was about 6 weeks old, and he was completely beautiful and completely loved,as is my daughter
smiles.gif
he passed away august 1st and today it has been exactly 1 month since then,so my husband,daughter and i went and visited him this morning.
i do not regret having children early AT ALL. they are the highlight of MY LIFE. actually THEY ARE my life. i love and adore them beyond beyond. i dont love one any less or more than the other,even though one is gone,i would never say i only have one child. i will always be his mother and he will always be my son.

sorry im getting a little emotional here,but all in all,no regrets. a bit scared at 1st with each one of course,but never wishing it hadnt happened. LOVE!
smiles.gif

macface

I had my daughter at 21.I'm 23 now shes 3 yrs.old I don't regret having her this early shes the love of my life.

MrsRjizzle

Got pregnant when i was 20 had her when i was 21. Being a parent is amazing. I wouldnt have changed a thing. i think you enjoy life more. love life more. Understand love more. It deepens everything. as crazy as that sounds. Children are amazing!

makeup_wh0re

I got preg when I was 21, I DONT REGRET IT AT ALL. MY son is my heart and soul, the best thing that has ever happened to me.He is also the prettiest kid in the world
greengrin.gif
lol

claresauntie

I just had a baby last year at 35. I'm hoping to get pregnant again soon.

I would have loved to have gotten pregnant in my late 20s, but that's not the way my life worked out, so I have no regrets.

yummy411

i had my one and only child so far at 22, right after college. no regrets here. should i have waited longer? i dunno. i never imagined having a child at 22. my plan was grad school, career, marriage... but life takes unexpected turns and considering my reproductive health, it's best to have my children sooner rather than later. also, my son keeps me focused. i'm not sure how focused or brave i'd be at taking challenges if he wasn't around.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh so swish
Got pregnant when i was 20 had her when i was 21. Being a parent is amazing. I wouldnt have changed a thing. i think you enjoy life more. love life more. Understand love more. It deepens everything. as crazy as that sounds. Children are amazing!

this is interesting because this is soooo true!

also true for my sister. my sister used to be self centered, the world only moved because she did. since becoming a mother, she's more in touch with humanity and more aware of the world that we live in. it's interesting to see... but these magical miracles called children do this to us!
lol.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjeffhardy
i had my daughter Scarlet when i was 18,and my son Scott when i was 20. i turned 21 a month after he was born. (im 21 now) he was born on june 20th,my birthday was july 15th. he passed away when he was about 6 weeks old, and he was completely beautiful and completely loved,as is my daughter
smiles.gif
he passed away august 1st and today it has been exactly 1 month since then,so my husband,daughter and i went and visited him this morning.
i do not regret having children early AT ALL. they are the highlight of MY LIFE. actually THEY ARE my life. i love and adore them beyond beyond. i dont love one any less or more than the other,even though one is gone,i would never say i only have one child. i will always be his mother and he will always be my son.

sorry im getting a little emotional here,but all in all,no regrets. a bit scared at 1st with each one of course,but never wishing it hadnt happened. LOVE!
smiles.gif

I'm sorry for your loss - (((BIG hugs to you))). I know exactly how you feel, I lost my second child (my firstborn son) when he was a baby, born with a terminal illness, it damn near killed me as well. I was pregnant with my 3rd child just after he died and am SO glad I was - that pregnancy kept me going through the grief and I had my second son shortly after. My second born son made me so glad I chose LIFE. There is nothing more important or beautiful than a baby and I still feel like my second son is my saviour :sangel:

belldandy13

i had Izzy when i was 29 (only 7 months ago i just turned 30) and for me personally, i'm glad i waited until i married my husband. it was a great experience having a baby with someone i completely trust and love, and who wanted to have a baby with me just as much. (sorry i'm a hopeless romantic!)

when i was younger, as early as my teenage years, i really wanted a baby by the time i was 21 because my older sisters and my mother all had their first kids by the time they were 20 but it just never worked out that way for me. thank goodness cuz if i had babies with my ex's, omg...i thought they were mr. right at the time but oh boy was i ever wrong!!!

anyhow, you're never really ready but you learn and it is a tiring, stressful, and worrisome but absolutely wonderful process.

Latest posts