Questions about Lipliner

TipTopTap

So I recently have gotten into wearing darker lipcolors, and I have a few questions.

-Do you wear lipliner just on your lipline, or do you fill it in and apply lipcolor on top?
-Does lipliner and lipstick have to match, or can you say, wear a nude lipliner and a dark lipstick?
-Can you use something like Ben Nye Liquiset to make color last longer?
-Are there any other ways to make lipstick last longer without bleeding or smearing on teeth?
-Should I apply a balm beforehand?
-And do you have any recommendations for long-lasting lipliner or lipstick?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!

rouquinne

i wear the same lipliner with everything and when i'm wearing a dark colour of lipstick, i fill in my lips completely with lipliner.

since dark lipstick will show up EVERY flaw in your lips, always put lip balm on and let it sink in first before doing anything else!

Benefit She-Laq will *set* your lipstick so it stays - even through eating and drinking.

user3

Quote:
-Do you wear lipliner just on your lipline, or do you fill it in and apply lipcolor on top?

It depends on the look I want. Filling in your lips will help make the lip color last longer.

Quote:
-Does lipliner and lipstick have to match, or can you say, wear a nude lipliner and a dark lipstick?

You can wear what ever color you like. Keeping it the same color will keep the lip color from changing. If you use a darker or lighter color you will get different results. There's also clear lipliner. A few companies sell them. I like Duwop for a matte finish and L'Oreal's for a gloss finish.

Quote:
-Can you use something like Ben Nye Liquiset to make color last longer?

Yes, there's many products that claim to help the lip color last. I personally find them drying. I find that applying blotting and reapplying helps the lip color last longer.

Quote:
-Are there any other ways to make lipstick last longer without bleeding or smearing on teeth?

The blotting and reapplying helps with lasting longer. If you like to wear gloss over you lipstick that will help too. As far as smearing in the teeth I always wrap my lips around finger to remove any excess lip color.

Quote:
-Should I apply a balm beforehand?

It's really up to you. I usually apply balm before and after using a lipliner and always before lipstick.

Quote:
-And do you have any recommendations for long-lasting lipliner or lipstick?

Max Factor makes some very nice long lasting lip colors. So does Revlon and MAC. You apply the color and put gloss over it. As long as you don't have a habit of rubbing your lips together they usually work. I can't use them because I tend to rub my lips together when I wear lip color. My mother raves to me all the time about the MAC and Max factor ones.

Latest posts