• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Radiantly Flushed

Dreamergirl3

Hi everyone! Here's my tutorial for a flushed summery look. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
The dreaded bare-faced pic!
nudeface3.jpg

okay, so for our "face base" we have:
tools1.jpg

sephora foundation brush
trucco skintones foundation in Tone 4
sponge wedge

pump some foundation onto your palm and pick up some with Sephora foundation brush
hand2.jpg

then apply your foundation as normal; I kind of slap it on certain areas
face2.jpg

Then blend with the wedge. I blended one side, just so you can see the difference
face5.jpg

and here we have the complete foundation
face7.jpg

now our under eye concealer. I use Mistique(s/p? mystiqe) brand concealer in medium. It's my HG so far!
concealerpot.jpg

now pick up some concealer on and warm it between your fingertips (this makes it more spreadable and easier to blend) and apply under the eye
fingers.jpg

conc.eyes.jpg

Here's what everything looks like so far:
face.conc.full.2.jpg

Now for the luminizer. HAHA you can see me taking the picture in the cap! You may use any luminizer you like (Lorac and Stila make good ones). I use Clinique Color Rub in nude/natural (I think it's d/c'ed tho)
clinique.jpg

Put some luminizer onto your hand and pick up some with your fingers
cliniquehand1.jpg

cliniquefngrs.jpg

Now apply the luminizer generously to the eye area, spreading it on at first and blending by patting with your fingertips.
here it is unblended (with no flash so you can see where it is)
clin.unblnded.jpg

and here we are blended
clin.eye.jpg

as you can see, it's very sheer. Not garish at all!

Next, take the cap off once more and dip your Sephora foundation brush into it
clincap2.jpg

Now place three dots of the luminizer on the side of your face, going from the temples down the top of the cheekbone. Pics are with flash and no flash so you can see it better.
clinface1.jpg
clinface2.jpg

Blend in little circular motions, going downward toward the apples of the cheek with your sephora brush
clinblend.jpg

Blend again with your sponge, to eliminate any streaks
clinblnded2.jpg

Here's what we should have so far with everything blended
clinblnded5.jpg
clinblnded4.jpg

Now for cheeks and eyes! Here's what I used:
tools2.jpg

random AVON makeup kit
A broken MAC Cork e/s
weeping.gif

A broken MAC Tempting e/s
weeping.gif

N.Y.C. Bronzer

Take a fan brush (I bought mine at longs) and pick up some Cork
cork1.jpg

Now make a fishy face and apply Cork in the hollows of the cheek, using a back and forth motion (excuse the stray hair!)
contour1.jpg

Here's what it looks like so far (don't worry, we'll blend everything together later)
contour2.jpg

Now for the bronzer. Use a blush brush (I have no idea what kind mine is) and pick some up
bronzer2.jpg

Apply on the temples and blend downward in circular motions into MAC Cork
bronzer3.jpg

Here's what the cheek looks like after bronzer is applied:
bronzer4.jpg

side view:
contourside1.jpg

Bring on the blush!
blush1.jpg

Pick up some blush on a brush and apply it on the apples of the cheek and blend out in circular motions toward the temple. Here's a snapshot of the contoured/bronzed/blushed cheek:
blushbronze2.jpg

ah I'm breaking out! Anyway, the blush is brighter but the flash sort of washed it out.

Now pick up some MAC Tempting (mine's shattered)
tempting.jpg

apply it just in the crease in a back and forth motion. Tempting is the only eyeshadow I have on my lid. One sides blended and one's not
tempting2.jpg

here it is blended (uck, 'scuse the brows, I'm going for a waxing in a few days!)
tempting1.jpg

Dip an eyeliner brush in Mixing Medium (not pictured) and pick up a dark shadow to use as a liner
liner1.jpg

and line the eye
liner2.jpg

lined eyes
liner3.jpg

Now, just curl those lashes and add mascara and you're done!
done4.jpg

done6.jpg

done7.jpg

Kels823

Girl you are too ghorjus... very nice job!!!! Ill try this for a brunch Im going to tomorrow.... cross your fingers!!

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
is that an nail polish used as an eyeliner applicator?! wow I have never thought of using one of those

nope, not nail polish applicator! though I wonder how that would work...it's actually the brush from Sephora's Liquid Eyeliner, except I ran out a long time ago, so I kept the brush to use as lining my powders. Works great! HTH

hyperRealGurl

Oh my Hun ur skin is so beautiful!!!!!! Ahh ur just a beautiful girl, This was also a nice tut hope to see more from ya
smiles.gif

hypergrl273

Your gorgeous! and i'll have to try this with my shattered tempting (my lustres always end up shattering) Great Tutorial!

NutMeg

Hey don't take this the wrong way but I don't think you need nearly as much foundation as you're wearing. You have great skin! I love the look but I think you would hit that natural glow better with more of your real skin showing through.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts