Rave for skincare routine!

TipTopTap

For once in my life my skin is actually starting to look decent. I've had acne since I was about 5 and have used everything- over the counter and prescription. But I finally found something that works, and the best part is, it's so simple!

PM
wash face (anything will do)
apply DDF 10% glycolic acid toner (reasonably priced and excellent!!!)
apply 10% benzoil peroxide

that's it! I don't even have to wash my face in the AM. And I use TCA peels on the occasional zit.

The DDF toner is brillant, it actually makes the BP effective. For the first week that I used the toner my skin peeled only a litte (probably b/c I had been using deeper peels prior and most of the dead skin was already gone) but it's a good thing, it's getting rid of all those layer of dead skin cells and sebum. It's like using a painful, strong tca peel that I can only used once a month in a mini peel everynight, thereby preventing breakouts. I strongly recommened the DDF glycolic acid 10% toner to anyone with oily, flaky, or acne prone skin.

jeanna

this post couldn't have come at a better time... i was thinking about buying the DDF 10% Glycolic Acid Toner after rave reviews on MUA. Is your benzoyl peroxide made by DDF as well? I'm also acne-prone and I'm sick of simply tolerating it. I want to do something about it once and for all : )

umm, i don't know if this is a stupid question, but what does TCA stand for?

TipTopTap

Actually just about any 10% BP will work. I use Zapzyt's or Clean and Clear's and they both work well. TCA is short for Trichloroacetic acid, it's basically a stronger glycolic acid that you can get either online or done in a dermatologist's office.

TCA peels can be very helpful at removing layers of dead skin cells and sebum, but unfortunatly I found that I cannot use it frequently enough to maintain the results. I would use the peel, then my skin would start to peel two days after that and finish in about 3 days. My skin would look great for a couple days, then I would start to break out again. TCA's definatly helps to get rid of the grime deep in the skin which can then be maintained by the DDF's toner.

jeanna

hey TipTopTap! since it's been a few months now, i'm curious as to how this skincare routine has been working for you. an update would be great!

i've started seeing a dermatologist, and while my breakouts have lessened, i still break out and the dermatologist hasn't really given me anything to lessen the existing acne scars that i have. since i heard that the glycolic toner was pretty effective with this, i thought i'd give it a try.

any update you could give would be much appreciated
smiles.gif

Latest posts