Ready to lose this baby weight...plus a few extra pounds

Evey

Hello everyone,

I know I've been talking about getting on weight watchers to lose this baby weight but, my husband and I decided to go on the south beach diet together. I need to lose at least 40 pounds of FAT...lol...My starting weight was 181 this week but I was actually 186 at the begining of the month so that's the starting weight I'm using. We started on May 20th. We are currently on Phase 1 of the diet. Phase 1 takes away all breads, fruit, sweets...etc...It has been hard this past week because I've been craving cake and cookies like crazy but, my husband keeps me on track. So far I've lost about 6 pounds this week. Even though I got sick Wednesday I still kept up with the diet. The final weigh in for this week was today but, I forgot to jump on the scale this morning. So I'll do it tomorrow morning and let ya'll know the grand total for this week. We start week 2 of Phase 1 today. I also start the workout regimen this week. I was supposed to start last week but I was sick. So hopefully I'll see even more results when I start exercising. My goal is to fit comfortably into a size 7 jean by September. Why September? My wedding anniversary is on the 7th, my husbands birthday is on the 17th and my birthday is on the 27th. =)

I'll keep you guys posted on my weight loss. I'm going to try and do weekly updates of my progress. The book says I'm supposed to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week when I get to Phase 2.
choochoo.gif

ratmist

I'm very happy for you but a little bit concerned about 6 pounds in one week - that is a lot! Most people aim for 2 lbs a week - more than that ought to be monitored by a physician. Be careful!

Also, are you exercising? I'm assuming you are but you didn't mention it, so I thought I'd ask.
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

Keep it up.
smiles.gif

I think 6 pounds is okay for the first week because that's usually the biggest loss and some of it probably is water weight.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Keep it up.
smiles.gif

I think 6 pounds is okay for the first week because that's usually the biggest loss and some of it probably is water weight.

I agree, but I'm just saying that this rate is rather high per week. I'm only saying what my doctor has told me when I embarked on a new diet and weight loss regime. I'm not a medical professional - it's only friendly advice, not meant to be criticism. I think the current weight loss, drive to do it and the support from her husband is fantastic.
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

Oh, I didn't take it that way. I just didn't want her to worry. I do agree, that after that 6 pounds a week would be too much unless she was mordbidly obese which is not the case at all.
smiles.gif

Evey

Good morning everyone (well in the US anyway) LOL...

I jumped on the scale this morning and I weighed 173 lbs!!! YAY that means I lost 8 lbs!

I can see why you guys would be concerned about losing so much weight in the first week. The book actually tells you the first two weeks you will lose 10-15 pounds. That is the biggest loss you'll see while you're on the diet. Once you start Phase 2, you only lose about 1-2 pounds per week. The first two weeks are actually to help you get rid of your cravings and boost your metabolism. I would be more concerned about losing weight so fast if I wasn't eating/starving myself to lose the weight but, I'm eating 6 times a day. I get breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert
drools.gif
. So I'm never hungry. I can definately tell in my clothes that I've lost inches from my waist. I am exercising this week. Like I said above, I was supposed to start last week but I got sick and couldn't do it.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.
thmbup.gif

summary:

Starting weight: 186
Weight 05/20/08: 181
Weight 05/28/08: 173

SkylarV217

Great Job , I may have to llok into LA weight loss.... Is it expensive , or can you just buy the materials like with weight watchers ?

Evey

You can get the South Beach Diet book (I got the one that says South Beach Diet Supercharged) at barnes and noble. It's like 25 bucks. The book explains the diet and includes recipes, a menu, and exercises to do. Definately worth the money.

Girl about town

After having my baby the weight started falling off on a daily basis, so i wouldn't worry about an 8lb loss. For some reason i lost tons of weight after giving birth without even trying, but i am fat again 4 years later lol x

Evey

Hello again ladies...I'm done with Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet and we're starting Phase 2 today. We have to stay on Phase 2 of the diet until we get to our goal weight. Which means I'm going to be in Phase 2 for a while LOL...
I weighed in today. Here are the results.

Weigh in 06/03/08: 172 lbs

I only lost 1lb this week. I stalled out all week and I guess I finally lost a pound last night LOL. I didn't work out this week like I needed to because I was still sick and had a horrible cough. I'm definately going to start working out today though. I'm on a mission to lose this weight before September.

Summary

Last weigh in: 173 lbs
Weigh in 06/03/08: 172 lbs

Evey

Here to do my weekly update for you gals...

lost another pound this week. YAY!
choochoo.gif

I set a goal to lose 8 pounds this month, so now I only have 6lbs to go...

Last weigh in: 172 lbs
Current weight 06/10/08: 171 lbs

DirtyPlum

Hey Evey!

Hows it going??

I started the SBD on Saturday and its my first day at work on the diet. I have tried the Atkins before and was pretty successful but stopped for an event and then never managed to get back on it!

Anyway, I think I prefer the SBD already cos I cant let go of my skinny lattes! I am off now to get a nice salad for lunch... I hope we can keep each other motivated!

Yay us!!

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
Hey Evey!

Hows it going??

I started the SBD on Saturday and its my first day at work on the diet. I have tried the Atkins before and was pretty successful but stopped for an event and then never managed to get back on it!

Anyway, I think I prefer the SBD already cos I cant let go of my skinny lattes! I am off now to get a nice salad for lunch... I hope we can keep each other motivated!

Yay us!!

oh that's awesome! I really do like this diet...it doesn't deprive you of food and you're never hungry. The book has a lot of REALLY good recipes..try to the spicy shrimp and bok choy...its YUMMY

DirtyPlum

Yep I'm gonna get hold of the book...

But man, today was tough at work. I had zero energy but for some reason have plenty now and its 10.30pm... I cant wait for the hunger supression to kick in and most importantly the Ketosis - so some of this fat can burn baby burn!

xxx

Latest posts