Rebelrock thread!

sassy*girl

Hey all,

As we all probably know, MAC is releasing their Rebelrock collection today. Post any hauls, questions, price inquiries and picture posts regarding this collection in this thread in order to be better-organized and easy to find for everyone who has something to share about Rebelrock. Thanks! Happy posting, Specktra members
greengrin.gif

Star

Well this thread did not exist when I started my "underwhelmed" thread. Feel free to delete it, as I shall repost here.

I was totally underwhelmed. Anybody else?

I saw it this morning. The eyeshadows are chalky for the most part, the only shade that appealed to me was Banshee but it's a Lustre and the texture was all gritty. The Glitz Glosses are so full of chunky glitter, it reminded me of the cheap stuff you find at Wal-Mart for little girls to play dress-up with.

I can't imagine wearing that shade of blue (the pigment) myself so that was not an option.

They didn't have the lipsticks or lipglasses out yet.

wolfmaster

Totally agree that this collection did not excite me at all, except the skinfinish. The e/s are bleh.... maybe little minx, but they are all simliar to other colours. Those glitz gloss are just gross with big chunks of glitter. Now, skin finish is reall nice, i only got Stereo Rose coz it can be used like a blush.
smiles.gif

Sanne

what are you all getting from it?? I really want blue p/m, say yeah e/s, living pink e/s. I'm still doubting about the indy girl lipgstick and little minx e/s, so if you wanna push me into buying those too, go ahead
greengrin.gif
lol!

canadiangirl_1117

Indie Girl looks sooo pretty
greengrin.gif

I'm on a super super budget until I find out if I get this job or not, so only the Porcelain Pink s/f and Pink Clash lg for me.

Would anyone be willing to swap me for a sample of the blue piggie? I'd never use a jar of it so I can't justify buying it.

sassy*girl

Indy Girl l/s looks good, I'm still debating on whether I should get the eyeshadows or not. Say Yeah, Living Pink and Little Minx kinda spark an interest, but I think I need to see them first at the counter. We'll see, we'll see...

Sanne, blue looks great on you! Do you have any other blue p/m?

PrettyKitty

I've ordered (This morning from the Pro Store):

- Living Pink e/s
- Little Minx e/s
- Anti-Establishment e/s
- Say Yeah e/s
- Pink Clash l/g
- Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish

I also asked samples for Blue pigment and Metal Rock Mineralize Skinfinish.

And other stuff (Not from Rebel Rock or Gold Play): Electra e/s, Pink Freeze e/s, Swish e/s, 1 empty quad and Turquatic perfume.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a live chat on the MAC website yesterday, here is a copy of it:

Hello. Thank you for your interest in M·A·C Cosmetics. My name is Amy. How may I assist you?

Kristelle: Yay I was hoping it was to be you Amy!! I wish you remember me!

Amy: Hi Kristelle!

Amy: How are you!

Kristelle: Fine! You? Not too busy with Rebel Rock? LOL

Amy: I'm very well! Verrrry busy with Rebel Rock! It is such an amazing collection, right?

Kristelle: Probably :p I want a lot of stuff from Rebel Rock and Gold Play, but didn't had the chance so see it yet, I'll call tomorrow, that's why I NEEEEED to talk to you today!

Kristelle: the chance TO (sorry) see it yet

Amy: Yes, the Goldplay collection is amazing too! The Mineralize Skinfinishes are so amazing!

Kristelle: Yes! Too bad they're limited edition, need to buy more at the same time! :p I have 5-6 questions, is it okay if it's about Rebel Rock and Gold Play? Yesterday, the MA said she wasn't able to talk about it yet.

Amy: Yes, Kristelle!

Amy: Of course,

Amy: Let me know your questions......

Kristelle: What's the difference between Metal Rock and So Ceylon? Is it me or Metal Rock sounds darker and less pinky?

Amy: You are right, Kristelle, Metal Rock is very deep - like a chocolate. Where as So Ceylon - it looks like our GOLDEN Bronzing powder with a unique pink shimmer effect.

Kristelle: So if I already have So Ceylon (I LOVE it!), I still need Metal Rock? Can I wear it as a bronzer even if my skin isn't dark?

Amy: Metal Rock is going to be a very dark bronzer for you,

Kristelle. If you want a bronzer, I prefer you to go for our STEREO ROSE Mineralize Skinfinish.

Kristelle: Seriously I can wear it as a bronzer? It's not too coral? It's already on my list!

Amy: No it is more of a golden/coral. Perfect bronzer for us fair skinned gals.

Amy: ; >

Kristelle: Ok!! Thanks!

Kristelle: Now, how would you compare Say Yeah to Paradisco?

Kristelle: The texture is probably better (I really like Veluxe Pearl!), but is it similar in color?

Amy: Yes, they are very close, but the Veluxe Pearls tend to have a richer pigment to them. I would say it is slightly stronger but still a peach like Paradisco

Kristelle: So a more pigmented Paradisco?

Amy: Yes, that is correct

Kristelle: And how is Living Pink compared to Pink Papillon? Brighter? Darker?

Amy: Extremely close, yes definitely a little brighter. I would say it has a light gold pearl to it too. It is more of a butter pink (a yellow pink).

Kristelle: I'll buy Anti-Establishment, and want another silver to wear with it, but lighter, which one do you recommend?

Amy: Yes, for a lighter silver to wear with it, do our FILAMENT Lustre Eye Shadow.

Amy: Click here for the Eye Shadow page.

Kristelle: Oops I don't like lustre formula
ssad.gif
I was thinking about Silver Ring or Electra, but Silver R. is probably too dark?

Amy: Yes, do the Electra Eye Shadow as the Silver Ring almost has the same deepness as the Anti-Establishment. Electra will give you a better contrast as it is lighter.

Kristelle: Yay thanks!

Kristelle: 2 more questions and I'm done!

Amy: Sure!

Kristelle: Little Minx: Is it more blue or purple? I can't really see the color on the website.

Amy: It is definitely more of a plum/mauve medium intensity and has a slight pink shimmer effect.

Kristelle: And how is Pink Clash? I heard it was like Flash Of Flesh, but in a pink version, is it true?

Amy: To me it is more peachy/pink.

Amy: It would be a little deeper than Flash of Flesh - not as nude

Amy: It is described as a golden peach with a pearl finish.

Kristelle: Ok thanks!

Kristelle: I don't have others questions, thank you so much!

Amy: Thank you so much Kristelle! It was great talking to you again!!

Amy: Let me know if you need anything else.

Kristelle: Sure, See you next time!
winks.gif
Good bye!

Amy: Bye!! You may close the chat window by clicking the "X" at top right once. You will be able to request that a copy of this chat be emailed to you as well as answer a few questions about your experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so excited, I want my stuff before this weekend! On my list, I had 4 samples I really wanted, but I was too shy to ask for all of them... Stupid me.

sassy*girl

Awesome! That was very informative
greengrin.gif
I'm gonna look into Stereo Rose, I think.

[Off topic: I never knew your name PrettyKitty! Kristelle is a nice name!]

thegirlgotsoul

Little Minx shadow is AWESOME. I just absolutely LOVE it. I think I am going to have to buy a backup now.

I also am really happy with my Blitz & Glitz Fluidliner.

midnightlouise

I ordered quite a bit on Tuesday...and it'll be here tomorrow! Yay me! I got all the LE e/s, Porcelain Pink & Stereo Rose, and Oi Oi Oi & Pink Clash l/g. I'm going to the freestanding store tomorrow night to look at the lippies & do B2M
greengrin.gif

sassy*girl

I'd like to get a lippie from this collection for a B2M but I don't exactly have six empties right now. Hmmm *thinks of what she can 'empty'* :p

Star

I saw Stereo Rose this morning. I am NC20 to 25, and the MA thought it would be too dark for me, she'd rather I went with Porcelain Pink (which I did).

I didn't try it on my skin (Stereo Rose) but in the compact it is a dark corally-pink with gold IIRC.

As Amy said, Metal Rock was incredibly dark.

Gold Deposit was a deep burnished gold (I passed).

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty

Prettykitty...how do you go about asking for a sample...I want to try out the metal rock but not sure if i can just ask...ill be buying other stuff...u have any pointers?

well..online i ordered the porcelain pink and blue pigment....i wanted to check the rest of the stuff out in person...i cant wait to go...i also got goldbit and orange tangent since my mac was sold out.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy*girl
Awesome! That was very informative
greengrin.gif
I'm gonna look into Stereo Rose, I think.

[Off topic: I never

knew your name PrettyKitty! Kristelle is a nice name!]

Yeah, Amy is a sweetie!!

Thanks, you'll have to tell me your name now. :p

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola336
Quote:

Prettykitty...how do you go about asking for a sample...I want to try out the metal rock but not sure if i can just ask...ill be buying other stuff...u have any pointers?

well..online i ordered the porcelain pink and blue pigment....i wanted to check the rest of the stuff out in person...i cant wait to go...i also got goldbit and orange tangent since my mac was sold out.

You can't get sample from the website! But from a counter, you only need to ask!

lola336

Hmm,...ok ill try it..I went in once and the MA gave me 3 pigment samples....cause I wasnt sure on some of the colors...but i didnt think you could just say hey i want a sample..in a nice way of course..i thought you had to be offered one...ok thanks for the help!

Sushi_Flower

I'm a natural girl so this collection is a no go for me just by looking at the promo pic..although i do like accents of bright colours but if i don't like i save money
th_wink3.gif

sassy*girl

Quote:
Yeah, Amy is a sweetie!!

Thanks, you'll have to tell me your name now. :p

I remember Amy! She's really helpful. I remember her replying to some of my MAC inquiry things from their website.

Haha, it's Rina... but people just usually shorten it (as if it weren't short enough) to Reen :p

Back to Rebelrock, is anyone thinking of getting those glitter things? The Glitz Gloss?

The website still says coming soon for the RR products... hehe.

askewchick

Yesterday I picked up a few things from the collection:

Say, Yeah! - This is a versatile pinky peach shadow and has the great veluxe pearl texture, but the same look can be acheived with Melon or Deckchair pigment. I'll still use it, but I think there are more distinctive items in this collection.

Pink Clash - Again with the versatility. This is kind of a hybrid lipglass of Nymphette, Flash of Flesh and Moonstone. I'll wear it a lot, but there are enough substitutes that I won't be heartbroken when it is gone.

Blitz & Glitz - The difference between this and the Blacktrack fluidline is faint at best. There is a *slight* golden sheen to this one, but it is nothing spectacular and is only evident if you're looking up close. I adore fluidlines and this is great, but it is basically another black.

Non-Conformist - This is a great, but bright true violet. This is a nice alternative liner for those looking for something to go with their purples that doesn't just show up too dark (like Macroviolet).

I'm going back for Indie Girl and Living Pink (possibly Anti-Establishment and Little Minx as well). None of the Glitz glosses impressed me at all. The whole concept reeked of drugstore. Oi Oi Oi! looked cool, but not quite right for my skintone. I already have the discontinued Blue pigment, so there was no point in bothering with this one. The lipsticks looked not so hot aside from Indie Girl.

Latest posts