Recommendations for a good SPF with primer that has good UVA/UVB protection

martiangurll

What are you favorites? I loved the SB Photofinish until I found out it didn't have sufficient UVA protection. I have since gone through many primers, none last more than 8 hours. I have a really oily t-zone so primers really help. Alternately, a great TM or foundation that has adequate SPF and stays on an oily t-zone would work.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've been using Bobbi Brown's oil-free TM recently and really like it, and my skintype is similar to yours (oily t-zone, normal elsewhere). SPF 15 and has a decent amount of coverage as well. :) What other primers have you used/tried? (Somehow I don't think you'll find one that has any UVA/UVB protection; you'd have to get that separately from a moisturizer.)

martiangurll

What other primers have you used/tried? (Somehow I don't think you'll find one that has any UVA/UVB protection; you'd have to get that separately from a moisturizer.)
Yeah, I agree this is a problem. I have a great moisturizer with SPF, but my concern is that if I layer Primer over it, then foundation over that, I will weaken the SPF in the moisturizer. I do like Bobbi Brown and I can use TM all over my face but need good coverage on the nose where I have icky oily mess with redness. So the one place I really need my make up to stick, it slides right off! I would love to try the BB TM, just hoping it has good coverage for the redness. IIRC, her stuff leans yellow, so that could act as a neutralizer...

I have tried for primers, Philosophy, LM, Lancome LaBase Pro, Boscia, SB Photofinish, Paula's Choice.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Is it safe to say you've tried only the normal Smashbox Photofinish? Or have you tried Photofinish Light as well? (The Light version is meant for oily skin.) BB foundations and TMs tend to be a bit more yellow; yeah. The TM's coverage is pretty good, I think. :)

martiangurll

I love all the SB photofinish primers, my fave is the one with their "line filler" Dermaxy or whatever, but I read it doesn't provide adequate UVA protection (unless they changed the formula). My worry is will the primer dilute my sunscreen if I use a good moisturizer and then layer a foudnation with good sunscreen over it? I am experimenting with the Paulas Choice TM and it is okay, but I would love to be able to sandwich either my Smashbox or Boscia primer in between my moisturizer with sunscreen and my foundation with sunscreen and not have to worry about any dilutant effect?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Personally, I'd recommend finding a normal face moisturizer with SPF in it so you don't have to use two separate products (moisturizer + sunscreen).

Latest posts