• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Recommendations to keep my contour on my face.

lottieox

Hi guys!

I’ve always had a problem with keeping my contour on my face. I have started recently to get spots on my face and have been using a rimmel 24 hour primer with a 25 hour rimmel foundation. I set powder over my entire face because if I use powder contour without it and set my face with Kat Von d setting spray after throughout the day it goes patchy.
Even with powdering my full face and using powder contour after my cheeks still end up going blotchy along with the top of my forehead. Does anyone know how to keep makeup in place? This is driving me insane! Thank you

shellygrrl

Staff member
And what's your skincare routine? (Please list specific products.) This is where your real prep starts, before you go in with makeup.

It can also be that either your primer, foundation, setting spray, setting powder, or a combination of all of them aren't right for you. I'll also note a lot of setting sprays contain alcohol which can sometimes make oiliness worse. (The only setting spray that I know of on the market that doesn't contain alcohol is the one Milk Makeup recently released.)

BeverlyTazz

And what's your skincare routine? (Please list specific products.) This is where your real prep starts, before you go in with makeup.

It can also be that either your primer, foundation, setting spray, setting powder, or a combination of all of them aren't right for you. I'll also note a lot of setting sprays contain alcohol which can sometimes make oiliness worse. (The only setting spray that I know of on the market that doesn't contain alcohol is the one Milk Makeup recently released.)
This is great, my skin is oily as well. The setting spray helped me a lot.

osetara31

Hi guys!

I’ve always had a problem with keeping my contour on my face. I have started recently to get spots on my face and have been using a rimmel 24 hour primer with a 25 hour rimmel foundation. I set powder over my entire face because if I use powder contour without it and set my face with Kat Von d setting spray after throughout the day it goes patchy.
Even with powdering my full face and using powder contour after my cheeks still end up going blotchy along with the top of my forehead. Does anyone know how to keep makeup in place? This is driving me insane! Thank you
Hello! If you want your makeup to stay in place, you should damp your makeup brushes with makeup setting spray and then apply your product with it, application becomes very smooth and your base will look flawless. Also your makeup will last all day and won’t look blotchy.

makeupbyomar

applying a setting spray before the base helps the foundation sit in place much longer. This also hydrates your face and removes any excess oils
for more update visit our site link in my bio.

No this is incorrect. Also, setting sprays do not hydrate the skin, or remove excess oils.

Set = To put, lay or place (something) in a specified position or state.

Spray = Liquid that is blown or driven through, or forced out of a container through the air in the form of tiny drops.

Setting Sprays, set your foundation. Just like you don't apply powder first before your foundation.

Maybe I am old-school... In order to have a flawless face, you need to start with a clean, moisturized, supple face. Not have it layered with setting products before you start applying your foundation.

Yes, oily skin types need to be moisturized as well, with a moisturizer made for oily skins. Also primers are your best friend here as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts