Recommended Makeup Academy/how to get licensed?

Brittni

So... I'm not lucky enough to live in California or New York, but I truly would like to pursue becoming a makeup artist. I *DO* live close enough to Chicago, though. Right now, moving to go to a school would be out of the question as I'm already in college but if there is a *SUPERB* place then I'd definitely save for it. It just seems like all of the research I'm doing is NOT helping.

My question you ladies is simple: Can anyone recommend some really high quality makeup academies AND, more importantly, how exactly to get licensed/requirements for MY state/how to figure it out?

I can't find any information if in Wisconsin you even have to be licensed (I loathe cosmetology school because I would never do other people's hair, etc) but I do want to be licensed, if possible, so that I can also get discounts to help my palletts and whatnot. Mainly, I'm looking to work completely freelance as I have webdesign and great business skills, but of course I'd be willing to start out at a cosmetic counter. I just need to be pointed in the right direction of where I can get the BEST information available for my location and how to go about doing this.

I've already read threads and threads here, but maybe I've missed something! PLMK!

Thanks if anyone can help. XOXO

Latest posts