Recommending an alternate for lipstick storage.

Kuuipo

I picked up one of those snap tight 28 section pill boxes at Walmart for about 8
thmbup.gif
bucks. Each section can hold a tube of lipstick that has fallen off its bullet. This is great for MAC lipsticks that fall off their bullets easily-and you can back to Mac your empty tubes. Each little section snaps shut - and you can label the lids. The lids are slightly transparent as well.

KTB

Im feeling really dumb this morning but what do you mean by "falling off it's bullet"?

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB
Im feeling really dumb this morning but what do you mean by "falling off it's bullet"?

I want to know too. Do you have pictures of this unit?

Amaranth

Falling off its bullet is when the lipstick breaks off at the base. I've had it happen to me a few times
ssad.gif
. So the actual lipstick part breaks right where it connects to the tube. It sucks!

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
Falling off its bullet is when the lipstick breaks off at the base. I've had it happen to me a few times
ssad.gif
. So the actual lipstick part breaks right where it connects to the tube. It sucks!

Okay gotcha. Makes total sense and I've had it happen too.

Kuuipo

No I don't have a picture, but its standard in pretty much all drugstores. They also have 4 compartment sterling pill boxes and enameled pill cases that are very Victorian looking, and they make great portable mini palettes.
With the plastic multiple pill cases, fill the sections with the contents of a tube of lipstick, zap it in the microwave (less than a minute) and chill a few minutes in the fridge. It comes out perfectly smooth and professional and neat.

If a pilbox is metal, dont microwave this.

Kuuipo

That is totally it, I was just looking for a picture.
Weekly medication organizers by HealthAccessories.com

When I travel and do makeup, its very easy to just pull 28 colours out of the bag, flip the top, take out a brush and do the lips. If you are worried about sanitation, remove a little gloss with a tiny spatula or disposable chopstick, and put it on the back of your hand, apply with a brush.

You can also use this system for traveling with pigments as well.

athena123

^^^ too bad they don't make these refrigerated lipstick cases. When I was living in Phoenix, I had so many lipsticks melt on me I had to stick with lipgloss, :LOL

FantaZ

That's inspiring!

Idk if this is a great idea but I'm thinking of depotting my heatherette trio or use a quad case as a lip palette. I'm going to buy empty pro pans and add the magnet at the bottom so I can switch lipsticks easily.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
^^^ too bad they don't make these refrigerated lipstick cases. When I was living in Phoenix, I had so many lipsticks melt on me I had to stick with lipgloss, :LOL

Exactly!!! I live in Hawaii, so all my MAC lipsticks fall right out of the bullet. They melt easily. (NARS don't even melt in your pocket!)Thats how I came up with the idea......what to do with broken off lipsticks... So they pill organizer keeps them clean and fresh and can be refridgerated and applied with a brush, or kept at room temp. Because they have their own lids that snap shut like Tupperware, they stay fresher and do not get contaminated like they do in a regular palette.

Latest posts