Recs for good hair volumizer?

ilurvemakeup

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct spot, if I am I'm sorry. I'm still getting the hang of the site
smiles.gif

I'm looking for a good volumizing hair product. I'd prefer something that won't make my hair so stiff aka hairspray. Any good products you guys can recommend?

Thank you
wavey.gif

MACATTAK

I like using Suave volumizing mousse. It's a great product and does add volume. It helps if you use it with a blow dryer. The fact that it's so cheap doesn't hurt either
smiles.gif
I also use velcro rollers in addition & this all adds volume for sexy hair
smiles.gif

twinkley

Tigi has some great volumizing product that I can really recommend. For example Big&Bigger is amazing, Spoil me is good too, Queen for a day products are good also (if I remember the name correctly) and Headbanger is also great spraywax.

xsnowwhite

I like herbal essences body envy mousse. I scrunch that in and blowdry my hair upside down a bit, then i use some velcro rollers and wow i get huuge volume!

3jane

Bumble & Bumble Styling Spray and/or Styling Creme (these work really well together, or layered over Tonic or Prep)

These are pretty damn expensive, but my hair is very very fine, thin, straight, and limp otherwise-- my hair either deflates in half an hour after styling or gets really gunked up and oily with product. *sigh* The Bumble stuff is nice b/c everything works so well together and your hair doesn't get weighed down or feel stiff at all-- holy grail stuff for me. If you had to pick one, I'd say go for Styling Creme.

There are 2oz travel sizes, so you many want to pick one of those up and see how you like it before dropping $$ on the full size.

Otherwise, try mousse like the previous posters suggested. My hair's too fine, so even mousse seems to make it stiff.

Bernadette

Catwalk by Tigi Root Boost is SOOO amazing, one of the best hair products I've ever tried. Spray it in your hair when it's wet and blow dry it for best results or spray some onto your roots when it's dry and kind of fluff it up with your fingers and still get lift. It also adds texture but nothing too crazy. Try it
thmbup.gif
!

ndn-ista

Matrix Iron in Volume- (if you use any heat appliances that it).
Also, I have been reading this book "Black Diary of Hollywood Beauty Secrets" and it had mentioned rice expands so it can give you that big vavoom look for your hair, so to put 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of water, let sit over night and then drain the rice out so you only have the water, put it in a spray bottle and spray on damp hair before u style it. My friend was like won't it smell?? Haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. If anyone else tries this let me know please!

Latest posts