Recs for the type of M/U to wear for a swimsuit photoshoot?

mdjmsj

I figured I'd post this because I know there are a lot of professional makeup arists, as well as knowledgeable members, who have worked on photoshoots previously!

I'm actually having my first swimsuit photoshoot (super excited
yahoo.gif
) tomorrow-just scheduled it yesterday, I usually don't go for super short notice stuff but this was the only opening the photographer had before he leaves the country...Wish I had a little more time to co-ordinate but that's just the way it goes! I was just wondering what type of makeup is appropriate for a swimsuit photoshoot? This would be for my modeling portfolio-the photographer is shooting for free, it isn't a paid job or anything, so it would basically just be for my own representation later down the road. The suit I'll be wearing is black with a little gold detail on the neckline.

What sort of eye makeup do you guys suggest? I was thinking of doing a smoky eye with black and gold but didn't want to go too over the top. Or should I just do really natural makeup?

Also, as far as foundations go, should I opt for a liquid without SPF? I have Studio Fix Fliud, Studio Sculpt, Diorskin Forever, and SH Carmindy. The only one w/o SPF is Carmindy. I also have a sample of the Make Up For Ever HD foundation which I haven't tried yet...

Any other tips, as far as my body goes? Boob contouring (lol) or no? I feel I should add that I'm an NW15 and my body is like 2 shades lighter than my face-I look like I belong with the cast of Twilight, but I'm afraid to tan and look like a pumpkin.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the input and assistance!

User38

depends if the pics will be published or just for your book?

and then it depends what you want your look to be -- if it is super ultra glam then go for a dark eye/gold combo. If it is a natural look (which might contrast well with the black/gold swimsuit, then I would still do a defined eye with low color cheeks and nude lips - use a foundation WITHOUT spf as this will make you look whiter in pics and also use a bronzer all over.. try to get a foundation about two shades darker than your natural color so you can blend your chest, arms, underams, and legs. Oh, and don't forget to use this on your feet too!

Best of luck
smiles.gif

madnicole

^^^^ everything she said - I would use your MUFE HD, it leaves a really fresh glowy look on the skin. Use cream blush or a gel stain, and likewise on the stain the lips and add a smidge of gloss. Defined eye with smudgy black liner, however foil a light wash of gold pigment across the lid and inner corners of the eyes as well, and don't forget to highlight and contour lightly too!

kimmae17

last time i did a swimsuit photoshot i wore very natural makeup. because depending on the lighting (SUNGLIGHT) too much makeup will photograph oddly. i specifically remmeber i just used concealer/tinted mousturizer, then all nars - belissima duo with night bird as a liner. a pink lip gloss and a lot of bronzer.
for body i didnt do anyting crazy, just mixed mousturizer with a little shimmer (VERY LITTLE) and slathered it on

Latest posts