Rent

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

How many musical lovers do we have out there??? Is anyone excited that this is coming out?? I'm soooooooooo happy about this!!! I have seen the real play it was AWESOME and I hope the movie will be too - I have heard from critics that it stays true to the play !!! WOOT!

caffn8me

I've seen the show both in London and on New York's Broadway. The first time I saw in in London it featured three of the original cast members from the show's Broadway opening. It's a great show and I hope the film captures the energy and emotion of it.

It's a real tragedy that Jonathan Larson who wrote it died days before Rent opened for its world premiere at New York Theatre Workshop.

Hawkeye

OK in the commercials it says it "Defined a Generation" which generation did RENT define?

OK now i love musicals-les miserables-phantom-evita-cats.........

user2

OK I'm not a Rent fan but I'm obsessed with West Side Story!! The old movie was awesome and I hope that I can see it live this winter!!!
I also adore A Chrous Line (another great movie!
greengrin.gif
) and Hairspray!

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
OK in the commercials it says it "Defined a Generation" which generation did RENT define?

OK now i love musicals-les miserables-phantom-evita-cats.........

the 90's
smiles.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
OK I'm not a Rent fan but I'm obsessed with West Side Story!! The old movie was awesome and I hope that I can see it live this winter!!!
greengrin.gif
) and Hairspray!

OOO I love those to!! - I love musicals period

NJDes

I'm excited about it. I haven't seen it on Broadway. But Idina Menzel is in it and I love her. I saw her in Wicked and the girl bought tears to my eyes. So yeah I sound like a total dork now, but I can't help it.

valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
greengrin.gif
) and Hairspray!

ooooo we're playing Bernstein's entire West Side Story suite in my university orchestra. It's so fun
greengrin.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Ok -I just got done seeing it today - and for those who have seen it on Broadway - you won't be disappointed.. it was BRILLIANT.. and true to the play.. ( just a bigger overview if you will ) - In a word - it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_la_MAC_Girl
How many musical lovers do we have out there??? Is anyone excited that this is coming out?? I'm soooooooooo happy about this!!! I have seen the real play it was AWESOME and I hope the movie will be too - I have heard from critics that it stays true to the play !!! WOOT!

I saw it last week and it was really good. Though I don't like that they added a scene of Maureen and Joanne having a "commitment" ceremony. I've seen it on Broadway 4 times and once here in SF. WHen I lived in NY, my roomate was in RENT so I was there TOO much. Actually, she's still in it. Mayumi Ando, she plays Alexi Darling/Club Kid

KristineBelle15

I saw it with my sister and I loooooved it. Who knew that Jessie L.Martin from Lanw & Order could sing? His voice made me melt. Taye Diggs? hotness. He and Idina Menzel will have beautiful kids. But Wilson Jermaine Heredia, Angel, stole the show for me.

user4

i saw the movie, i really liked it. i actually never saw the play so i dont know if it's good comapred to it but i really liked the movie. i love rosario dawson!!!

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineBelle15
I saw it with my sister and I loooooved it. Who knew that Jessie L.Martin from Lanw & Order could sing? His voice made me melt. Taye Diggs? hotness. He and Idina Menzel will have beautiful kids. But Wilson Jermaine Heredia, Angel, stole the show for me.

Jesse L - was my FAVE - hmm doing "Santa Fe" blew my mind - the dancing - Also with Jermaine - Angel OY!! It was so good - but girl When I saw it with the group of people that were with me and when Tom sang "I'll Cover You - Reprise " it brought the house down!! He has AMAZING Talent - and that smile ... oooo
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
: bowdown:

Latest posts