Revlon ColorStay Mineral Powders - MSF/MB Dupes

BloodMittens

I noticed these at my walgreens the other day! They were shaped just like the MSF's, and when I signed on MUA, someone had a picture of one that looked just like Lightscapade, but I didn't see that at the walgreens I was at.

I only saw a light pink one with white and darker pink veining, and two bronzing type colors.

Has anyone seen these? :O

panda0410

Nope, but I'd definitely like to see!!

I just went and looked on MUA - Revlon Pure Confection Highlighter - posted by ahhhttack - thats really pretty!!!
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I so want these! Walgreens is going to have a Buy one get one free this Sunday so I am going to pick a few of them up. I can't wait!

Their collection kind of seems like a take on Sugarsweet or similar to that.

BloodMittens

I only saw them at Walgreens :O Which is weird, you'd figure they'd pop up at CVS or something? If anyone sees them anywhere else, post it
greengrin.gif

MACATTAK

I saw them at my Walgreens tonight. I am definitely waiting for the BOGO, because these suckers were $13.99 each. That's a lot for a drugstore product. Though if they are as good as MSF's they will be a deal!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
I saw them at my Walgreens tonight. I am definitely waiting for the BOGO, because these suckers were $13.99 each. That's a lot for a drugstore product. Though if they are as good as MSF's they will be a deal!

From the reviews on MUA, it says that it's a good highlighter, but is obviously not as fine of a powder as Lightscapade or any of the MSF's. But it looks pretty from the swatches
greengrin.gif

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
From the reviews on MUA, it says that it's a good highlighter, but is obviously not as fine of a powder as Lightscapade or any of the MSF's. But it looks pretty from the swatches
greengrin.gif

Yes, the swatch pictures that I've seen of the Revlon Lightscapade clone looks very frosty. They remind me of the Prestige mes dupes. The veining on these almost looks painted on and the powder texture looks much coarser. Not bad, but they aren't going to be the same as the Mac Lightscapade as far as texture and finish goes.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Yes, the swatch pictures that I've seen of the Revlon Lightscapade clone looks very frosty. They remind me of the Prestige mes dupes. The veining on these almost looks painted on and the powder texture looks much coarser. Not bad, but they aren't going to be the same as the Mac Lightscapade as far as texture and finish goes.

Yeah, it looked that way from the swatches, but it does look like a nice concept. I just hope it's not TOO glittery and icky, else it will make my pores look horrid D:

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I saw these at Rite Aid tonight and my sister saw them at Wal-Mart. Still waiting for BOGO though!

Great! Good to know they are at other stores
greengrin.gif
BOGO would def. be better though!

coachkitten

I seriously am wanting these so bad. I can't wait for the Sunday paper to get here so I can see who has a BOGO going on. I am pretty sure Walgreens does according to MUA. Why am I such a sucker for anything that looks like an MSF?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I'm gonna wait for your reviews Katie b4 I buy...wouldn't want both of us to waste our money
th_wink3.gif

lol.gif

SMMY

On a side note: Sugar Cosmetics Baked Blushes in Gingerbread and Cupcake have been showing up at Marshalls for $3.99. They look like the Grand Duo blushes in that it's two different colored halves in in each blush. I picked up both today and they're very nice. Cupcake is like a more pink version of Perfect Topping. It gives a glow with a little bit of sparkle, but nothing obnoxious. The Gingerbread blusher/bronzer has a warm Cranberry side and a bronzer side and is a gorgeous warm blush. It reminds me of Northern Lights in terms of color. Both of them have a metallic effect, but it isn't hash - a nice soft glow. These aren't as finely milled a powder as msfs, but aren't big glittery bombs either. The product amount is quite generous, 22g. These will probably last me a lifetime.
So if you're jonesing for a msf clone and the Revlon one's haven't shown up in your neck of the woods, you might check your Marshalls or TJ Maxx's out.
Just thought I'd pass this on, since Sugar is being phased out.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I seriously am wanting these so bad. I can't wait for the Sunday paper to get here so I can see who has a BOGO going on. I am pretty sure Walgreens does according to MUA. Why am I such a sucker for anything that looks like an MSF?

I went to Wal-Mart and they had them, but for the price? They are SMALL @_@ I'll probably pass it by now... especially since I am saving for Rose Romance and I just acquired a "real" Lightscapade 8D ~throws confetti!~

Latest posts