Revlon Matte Collection?

MrsRjizzle

yahoo.gif
I am a total Matte (eyeshadow) Fan, I saw this Revlon Matte collection in Walgreens today and was really intriqued.

I havent really used any drugstore makeup so I am curious about the payoff of these colors. Have any of you lovlies tried it??? Any info is appreicated!!!
winkiss.gif

stacystatik

from what i swatched from the tester the color ( blue riviera) seamed pretty matte and pigmented i love the lipsticks they were awesome!!!!
yes.gif

MrsRjizzle

Thank you! I forgot about these again untill now and I am still sorta lemming for them! I think Im gonna go look at them again at lunch...

chichi0422

20090304_74b90e76c9b0117e3215AcfT1KBgkWpI.jpg

here is what i have
well the blush is good, lipstick is really nice, matte like MAC but way better than MAC ,not dry at all
this is the swatch for eyeshadows
20090304_5c17d4de19d8b6108ac1ATYwCgEtSiir.jpg

20090304_309881e63404b82bac3bbdoHkLGAXUad.jpg

lippies
20090304_57c803efff1af8b06191bRWLxZtwWDkl.jpg

I love it so much ,I will wait for next BOGO to get 2 more lipsticks

smi5290

the brighter shadows weren't super pigmented, but the lipsticks are awesome! pink pout is especially gorgeous

sinergy

ive been wanting these too! my friend picked a few up for 1.99 at walgreens? and i noticed someone who did a review on youtube said the same. for that price i wouldve bought all of them. and yes the lipsticks look great IRL

tokidoki1825

How is the formula of the lipsticks? Are they drying? And do they have a weird smell?

It'd be awesome to find a good drugstore matte lipstick, and those colors are beautiful.

sinergy

I picked up three eyeshadows today, for the price (3.99) they are ok. I got the lightest one (pictured in a few posts above. its called Vintage lace) looks very similar to MACs Vanilla. Also picked up the dark blue, riviera blue i think was the name its nice and pigmented good for a smokey eye and also the bright blue one that looks a lot like electric eel, for a drug store shadow its very pigmented. the only thing, and this is just from swatching, they are so soft you can over blend like is shears out too much? and then have to add more color, but I havent done an eye look with them yet, that was just on my hand. when I do Ill see what base I use and how the staying power is.

the lipsticks are very nice. they even have a pretty matte red if anyone is interested. the mauve color and the nude are very pretty IRL. those are next on my list
lol.gif
and if the shadows hold up well, the dark purple, teal, and maybe the peach, and maybe the brown, and a blush..and i guess a few more lippies...
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

SMMY

I picked up the blushes, based on recs from makeup alley that the Barely Buff blush is supposed to be a dupe for the very popular Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Nude. So far I'm loving this and the Blushing Berry one. Not too pigmented and easy to build color, these last all day on me. I'm definitely going to pick up more of these.

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
the lipsticks are very nice. they even have a pretty matte red if anyone is interested. the mauve color and the nude are very pretty IRL. those are next on my list
lol.gif
and if the shadows hold up well, the dark purple, teal, and maybe the peach, and maybe the brown, and a blush..and i guess a few more lippies...
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

I agree on the lipsticks! I finally went and bought likee 5 of them I think. The color is amazing it sinks into your lips and feels so moistorizing!!! not dry at all. Thanks for much for posting the pics and the swatches!

coachkitten

I purchased Pink Pout and the Nude one. I love them both! It has been years since I have purchased a Revlon lipstick and I was very happy. Pink Pout is one of the best matte baby pinks I have found from any brand. I am NW15 BTW.
smiles.gif

twinklestar

The mauve it over lipstick is a good everyday shade... I like the tempting teal and vintage lace eyeshadows too. I've been looking for real and cheap matte stuff because they're also great for retro and mod looks

BloodyWellRight

I've only tried the matte blush, because my mom bought it recently. I was very impressed with the brush, it was really soft =D and the shade was perfect too.

ZoZo

I have 2 matt lipsticks, Mauve it over and Pink about it; they are very good and am so happy with the texture of these lipsticks.

MACLovin

I only have one shadow so far (the dark brown) but I really like it!

I'm not used to mattes though so I have to practice more.. a little goes a long way, these are pretty pigmented. I'll probably end up getting more.

And the lipsticks are nice too! I tried one of the testers

TISH1124

I have every one of the lipsticks now except for two of the darker shades that I did not care for...I love them...However I do have to prime my lips with balm or lip prep because I do find them drying on me personally. But they work fabulous after I moisturize my lips then apply.

I only have a couple of the shadows...they are nice...but not as smooth as I would have preferred.

MACLovin

^ Tish, are there any other drugstore matte shadows that are better than these? Also, what do you think are the best matte shadows overall.. I only started using them recently and the only MAC one I have is Wedge.

ccguidry

I have 2 of the eyeshadows. They're not as pigmented as MAC so u definitely have to build up the color, but over a base they'll be fine.

gabi03

I love the matte lipsticks, i'm waiting till they go on sale and i will stock up. For now i have cocoa craving which i love. The shadows, not so much, i have riviera blue and peach sorbet. Both are nice colors but they are really powdery and they don't blend very well. I have to pack on the color to get the blue to intensity i want. I do love the matte eyeliner pencil in white, its creamy and doesn't budge on my waterline.

Latest posts