• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

shimmercoconut

Overall I would have to say this is a very nice foundation. The pump bottle is practical and you get a good amount of product.
There is something I do not like about the texture. This is not too thick and not too runny, but there is something about the texture when blended I do not like--but not sure what that is. It feels somewhat dry. Anyway, I think this covers well and it is a bit sparkly but I like illuminating foundations. Putting a matte powder over this will reduce or eliminate sparkles. I have this in Golden beige and Rich Ginger (NC 42) and Rich Ginger matches me better. I feel as if I will never finish this as a little goes a long way.

abbyquack

I don't have the best skin- it's generally acne-free, but my pores are larger than I'd like, and there are little bumps under my eyes/around this area. Obviously because of this, I am always looking for a foundation that minimizes the appearance of pores and gives me a flawless, smooth-skin look. However, this foundation was NOT it. It covered any redness I had, but it accentuated my pores and other imperfections. It also had a slight cakey look. And, unlike Colorstay, I felt that this was a bit too runny for my tastes. I returned this foundation.

Snarkling

Sigh, I really like the texture of this foundation but sadly it was too dark for me. I tried both Ivory (?) and Vanilla and both looked brown on me once I was in daylight. Oh well on to the next.

MrsAriGold

I like this foundation but I find it doesn't have very good staying power. It usually disappears within a couple of hours even if I set it with powder. Other than that I like the texture and it covers all my blemishes quite well.

BandAid209

I'm pretty fond of this foundation. I switch between this and revlon colorstay. Thias is what I use when my skin is behaving lol

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandAid209
I'm pretty fond of this foundation. I switch between this and revlon colorstay. Thias is what I use when my skin is behaving lol

Can you girls help me?

I am NC 25 to NC 30 in summer.

Which foundation shade do I need

in Photo Ready foundation?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

LovelyLauraB

I'm hoping to pick this up to try tomorrow...if they have a shade light enough that is...or indeed if it's in stock, which it hasn't been for weeks

dmcgeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can you girls help me?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

I would recommend trying Shell or Nude. I really like this foundation. It has a nice finish and blends quite well. I don't notice too much sparkle. However, it does accentuate any dry spots.

purple_pumpkin

Quote:
Can you girls help me?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

I'm not sure about Photo Ready, there are little shades at the moment, in a couple of months there should be more shades.
As for Colorstay if you can't swatch, for nc25 I think you can go for Nude.

for nc30 try natural beige or medium beige.

HTH

CajunFille'

Quote:
Can you girls help me?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

Although, MAC really doesn't have my exact foundation match, I fall closest to the same shades as you do. My exact match is in MUFE HD 125 for summer. I use Colorstay 330 in natural tan when I am at my tannest for summer & I use Colorstay 300 in Golden Beige in the winter when I'm at my lightest. I like using these two shades b/c even when I'm not at my tannest just yet, I can always mix the two to get my perfect shade. Hope that helps with the Colorstay. As far as the Photoready...I'm wondering the samething. Which shade is best for the NC25 & NC30 ladies. I'm kind of leaning toward the Nude shade. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Oh, I almost forgot...I absolutely love the Colorstay foundation! I live in south Louisiana and this humidity is torcher on your foundation. Colorstay never lets me down. I've tried NARS, MUFE, EL Double Wear, and MAC, but I always go back to the Colorstay. I just hope that the PhotoReady is as good.

Pure Vanity

I was so disspointed in this foundation, picked it up last week for £9.99 from Boot's in the U.K in the lightest shade vanilla. I've had the worst breakout. This defo needs to be used with a primer imo. The coverage isn't the best. I've gave it a week's wear and it's not for me, which isn't to say it won't be good for you we can't go by every review

DaniCakes

I normally wear MUFE HD foundation in 173 and when I found the PhotoReady foundation I was in heaven, because I know longer had to buy the $40 MUFE. Inside of the house it looked magnificient, but when I went outside near my fiance's car and looked at my face in the sunlight my face was super shimmery. And I mean SUPER shimmery. I still love it but It's definitely a second choose to my high end MUFE.

larababyx

i tried this foundation and loved the way it looked on but unfortunately it made me break out all over my forehead and on my t zone wouldnt recommend for oily skin
x

DJ_Roxas

I've tried this product and I like the fact that this one has a pump! I wasn't sure about it because I've been using Smashbox HD Foundation and not to say it's a bad product from Smashbox, but I like Revlon's PhotoReady Foundation because the coverage is very nice but the only gripes I had was that they didn't have a concealer with the foundation but yet they have the powder and that made no sense but I guess since I'm using Caramel for winter and Cappacinuo for summer, because I have no access to a MAC counter because of being banned from there. Also this foundation was kind of had a lot of glitter which I didn't mind but it was a little much if you build up the coverage.

But in general the foundation is great. I would recommend it but be warned that you'll have to get another concealer because they don't have it. It gets a 4.5 out of 5 (Sorry for the X-play moment.XD)

kissmypinkstar

I absolutely adore this foundation!
It goes on like a dream and the coverage is buildable.
I haven't had a problem with glitter overload as i know some people have, maybe i got a good batch? It just gives me a subtle shimmer.

Izzaayy

I normally wear MUFE HD foundation in 173 and when I found the PhotoReady foundation I was in heaven, because I know longer had to buy the $40 MUFE. Inside of the house it looked magnificient, but when I went outside near my fiance's car and looked at my face in the sunlight my face was super shimmery. And I mean SUPER shimmery. I still love it but It's definitely a second choose to my high end MUFE.
I use the MUFE HD in 173 as well. I'm finding a hard time finding a similar shade in cheaper products. What shade do you use for the Revlon PhotoReady?