Rock and Republic cosmetics

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I'm nervous about Foreplay. It does look SUPER boring in the pan from the pics I've seen. But more than that, I don't think it will show up. I'm an NC45.

Having said that, I was afraid that Spank wouldn't show up or if it did it would be ashy. But, it really does give the perfect, soft flush and again I'm a NC45.

I wasn't sure about Foreplay either, but I ended up really liking it. I like to use it on the apples and use bronzer to contour. But yeah, it looks blah in the pan for sure.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
Xrated a dupe for Taj Mahal? Did you mean All Nighter?

Shameless and Oasis are definitely not identical.

I did mean all nighter.
th_LMAO.gif
I'm a goober. But it looked really ORANGE in the pan... it goes on reddish. Taj Mahal goes on a true orange with a gold shimmer.

aziajs

FYI...just got my latest order. The Chenille pressed powder is a perfect match for NC45 & NW43. Resha did a great review on it here with swatches + product pics:

Rock & Republic Exhibition Pressed Powder in Chenille

UPDATE #1
OOOOOHHH...but I was pissed when I got it. I could tell the box had been opened. The stickers were out of place and there were fingerprints on the back. I would have called them bust since they act so funny about everything, I just wiped off the first layer of powder with alcohol and wiped the outside of the packaging with alcohol too. I couldn't tell 100% if the powder had been swatched so I sanitized to be safe.

UPDATE #2
So, I called and they said I could return it and they would exchange it, if they found it defective. If I include a receipt for the shipping they will credit that as well. The problem is that by the time I they receive it back, process the return and re-send it, I am looking at 2-3 weeks, which is nuts to me. I told them I would re-order and return what I have. That way I could have another one in my hand by next week. I hate shit like this. Aaaand, I don't know if they are going to be on some shady shit and determine that it's not defective and return it back to me they way they did the above poster with the primer issue. Ugh!!

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyiona
Beauty Story is having another Rock & Republic sale on Labor Day! If you haven't already registered BEAUTY STORY | Register

Are you sure? Because I didn't see it anywhere on their website. I personally would love another sale if they have code like last time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it under the beauty blowout. But if they don't have any additional code other than 50% off sale, ordering directly from R&R website will be cheaper. I want to get Bedroom blush so bad!

Morena.Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Are you sure? Because I didn't see it anywhere on their website. I personally would love another sale if they have code like last time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it under the beauty blowout. But if they don't have any additional code other than 50% off sale, ordering directly from R&R website will be cheaper. I want to get Bedroom blush so bad!

Get Bedroom, you'll love it!
yes.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
Get Bedroom, you'll love it!
yes.gif

lol, such an enabler! I was about to pull the trigger yesterday, but it was sold out already
ssad.gif

Hopefully they have better sale on Beauty Story on Monday.

aziajs

For those wondering about Call Me blush....

Quote:
Dear Rock and Republic Online Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize but the Pressed Blush in "Call Me" is no longer
available and will not be restocked on our online store.

We do understand that a number of people really liked the item and
will be forwarding the information to our development team.

If you have any further questions, please contact us.

This is the reply that Jessiebanana (Makeup Alley) got when she emailed R&R.

Shypo

Oh well.....so much for that lemming. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with my 4629 other blushes......
weeping.gif
girlhaha.gif

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Oh well.....so much for that lemming. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with my 4629 other blushes......
weeping.gif
girlhaha.gif

LOL Addicts are never satisfied.

openexpression

Quote:
I am obsessed with getting Call Me now. I hope I can catch it on HauteLook or something.

Ditto...I really wish I had heard about Rock and Republic before. I check Hautelook every morning and I saw the sale but had never heard of the brand before. I didn't start to pay attention until everyone was doing their hauls and the ladies at LHCF started raving about them. I checked out swatches and googled as much as I could online but the info was really limited. With that said, I love my Lust and All Nighter blushes...but if Call Me ever reappears, it is MINE!
girl_devil.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
I am obsessed with getting Call Me now. I hope I can catch it on HauteLook or something.

If you subscribe to Gilt, Hautelook, Beauty Story, Ideeli, etc and they do a R&R sale -- log on the second the sale starts and scroll down to Call Me blush immediately. It literally sells out in the first minute! Crazy! I really don't know how I lucked out and snagged it at the lat Hautelook sale. But it is worth hunting down!

jazm1n3s

For those of you who don't know yet, R&R is giving $25 credit if you sign up to their website. They have a referral thing going on like Hautelook and Beauty Story, except with them, both of you will get $25 each.

Honestly, I don't know if you can still get the credit if you sign up on your own, because I signed up under somebody else myself, and I got the credit instantly before i even purchase anything. The person who referred you will get credit only if you make a purchase, but you will get the credit just by signing up.

I don't know if i can post this here, but below is the link if you guys want to sign up:

https://secure.rockandrepublic.com/s...ccdc9693a79c76

Now i just need to wait until they restock their blushes. Hopefully they'll still have the 50% off going on when they do.

pinguina

I just tried signing up without a refferal and I will only get the credit once someone I refer makes their first purchase
ssad.gif
Oh well, worth a try!

Although I did get an email once I signed up saying that I would get 10% off my first order for signing up! (Can't be combined with any other promotions and must be used within 3 months of issue).

jazm1n3s

Maybe you can try to unsubscribe and sign up again? Or use another email?

Although everything is almost gone now, I didn't even get to purchase anything
ssad.gif

Oh well, I'm hoping they'll restock today.

openexpression

Does anyone know what is going on with the R&R website? I signed up under the referral link and last night I had a tab that said "My Rewards" with the $25 credit. I signed in today and the "My Rewards" tab is nowhere to be found.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by openexpression
Does anyone know what is going on with the R&R website? I signed up under the referral link and last night I had a tab that said "My Rewards" with the $25 credit. I signed in today and the "My Rewards" tab is nowhere to be found.

I don't know but several of my followers are reporting the same thing. I called Rock & Republic and the gave me some bull about the credits are there and that my followers have to make a purchase to get it. I am so done with them this is a very low thing to pull.

Vixxan

I just spoke with them again and they have no intentions of honoring their advertised $25 credit. I have been give a million stories about this promotion from Rock & Republic. They told me that the person signing up has to make a $75 dollar purchase. I told them that their email does not state that and they said that is how they are going to do it now.

I was also told that you can only refer one friend and again I told them that is not what their email said. Of course they said that is how they are going to do it now.

All of my readers that signed up for this promotion got nothing but lied too.

As of now they are going to have a supervisor call me and explain to me that they can do whatever they want with this promotion.

I am not going to do business with this company anymore. This is just bad business and I can't support this kind of bait and switch tactic.