same eyeshadow - looks totally different in two seperate pans?

eowyn797

hello ladies! i am wondering if you can help set my mind at ease here because i think my eyes are broken or something is awry...

this is a comparison pic of the Riot pan i've had for a while (left) and one i just received in swap (right)...am i crazy? are they not completely different colors? granted, i took these pictures indoors at night, but still! what is up?

with flash:
2riots.jpg

without flash:
2riots-nf.jpg

the back of the one i just received in swap (the one i had before doesn't have the orig label):
2riots-back.jpg

jenii

Wow, those are completely different colors. I don't remember what the old MAC e/s labels looked like, but one of those two must be fake. Or, MAC gave two different products the same name at different times.

But yeah, you're right. Those are totally different colors.

duch3ss25

hmm, something is definitely up since both pans are completely different from each other. i've seen the riot e/s on a few of the traincases here at specktra and i believe it looks like the one on the left.

either what you were swapped with is a fake or like jenii mentioned, there might be an e/s released that had "riot" as WN. sorry, can't help you much but yes, these are two different pans.

redambition

that looks really weird.

the sticker on the back of the pan that you received in the swap doesn't look right to me... but if it's an old-style label then i'm not authority on that. Can you see a batch number anywhere on it?

eowyn797

yeah i know the correct color for Riot is like the one on the left that i already had...i'm just so confused. it's an old DC'd color, and the label on the back looks right for that, but...yeah i don't know. thanks!

xbrookecorex

The label on the back is what the old screw-top eyeshadow label looks like, but that color is NOT the Riot we know and love! WEIRD it seems like they do have a Riot, and stuck its label on whatever they sent you. :/

eowyn797

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
The label on the back is what the old screw-top eyeshadow label looks like, but that color is NOT the Riot we know and love! WEIRD it seems like they do have a Riot, and stuck its label on whatever they sent you. :/

that's what i was thinking too
ssad.gif
thank you!

ms_bloom

Is it possible the person who sent it to you just got their labels mixed up during de-potting? It is definitely a self-depotted pan, so maybe it was just a mistake.

eowyn797

she received the pan from someone else, so it's likely not even her fault the labels got mixed up, if they did...but that's definitely not Riot. thank you for your help, everyone!

Latest posts