Same Manufacturer, Different Brands: Seen anything? NYX, Milani, Anastasia, and plenty more.

Goat Goat Etc.

Same Manufacturer, Different Brands: Seen anything? NYX, Milani, Anastasia, and plenty more.

Have you ever seen something that is the same wrapped in different packaging for another brand?

There's a fascination I have with seeing different cosmetic companies pump out the same thing with different wrapping on it. I understand that when people start up their cosmetic label they sometimes may run to a manufacturer who can crank out stuff for them. That's the nature of wholesaling and merchandising. I just think it's funny when you can find the products a few feet away from each other.

Like for instance I did some comparison shopping and NYX, Milani, and Anastasia use a manufacturer for some of their products. And these products all have the same ingredients verbatim.

shellygrrl

Staff member
A lot of product types are manufactured in the same lab by the same people for different companies. Very fascinating. :nods:

Goat Goat Etc.

Probably one of the first items that drew me to this subject was that one sharpener with the "made in Germany" blades that is being sold by every brand under the sun.

Goat Goat Etc.

A lot of product types are manufactured in the same lab by the same people for different companies. Very fascinating.
yes.gif
Oh yeah, and clothes and accessories are the same. With the exception that people are either changing the cloth pattern or switching out a different tag. Lol.

Jayjayy

LOL this brings two specific brands to mind immediately: Anastasia Beverly Hills and Makeup Geek. Everything they produce seems like a carbon copy of what another brand has already done. Every. Single. Thing. So I don't even bother with them. NYX has become blatant about it recently as well.

And that pencil sharpener picture is too funny!

Goat Goat Etc.

Hmmmm. Which drugstore brand does something similar to the dip brow pomade? That ish is pricey lol. See if I can save me some dollas!
Nyx has introduced a line stuff like that on ulta. They don't have all the color options, ingredients, nor packaging of ABH though.

CrimsonQuill157

Hmmmm. Which drugstore brand does something similar to the dip brow pomade? That ish is pricey lol. See if I can save me some dollas!
There is an indie company that does their own "dip brow" that is really close. I think it's Ten Three Labs? I am at work and not sure I can pull up reddit here, but if you want to find out more I think you can find out more on the /r/indiemakeupandmore subreddit. The reviews have said it's just as good as the ABH Dipbrow for way less. Shades may be slightly different, though.

MissElle12

I haven't tried the the dipbrow pomade! Im kinda scared of it lol

I wanted to try the brow wiz, but now I see there's cheaper options. Even Forever 21 has one for $2.80!

Goat Goat Etc.

How'd this one slip my mind? Elegant Lashes, MAC, and Shu Uemura all have the same manufacturer for lashes.
Source: http://elegantlashes.com/Compare.html

dilmadoll

Have you ever seen something that is the same wrapped in different packaging for another brand?

There's a fascination I have with seeing different cosmetic companies pump out the same thing with different wrapping on it. I understand that when people start up their cosmetic label they sometimes may run to a manufacturer who can crank out stuff for them. That's the nature of wholesaling and merchandising. I just think it's funny when you can find the products a few feet away from each other.

Like for instance I did some comparison shopping and NYX, Milani, and Anastasia use a manufacturer for some of their products. And these products all have the same ingredients verbatim.

Oh my! Definitely will be looking closer at items now rather than going with the trends on cosmetics -_-

Shars

How'd this one slip my mind? Elegant Lashes, MAC, and Shu Uemura all have the same manufacturer for lashes.
Source: http://elegantlashes.com/Compare.html
Wow! That is one hell of a comparison. Only thing I would note though is that Ardell does do multi packs. They have doubles, quads and six/8 packs.

Latest posts