School for makeup rant!

makeupbyleslie

My mom can be so annoying! In my town, there's 2 high schools. ones normal public and the second is a pubic tech school. IN the tech school there's nursing, wood working, plumbing, baking/chef, and guess what COSMETOLOGY! So immediately I told my mom I wanted to go there instead of the shitty normal public school. She started to yell at me at how unstable that career is and how people will look down at me for going to a low class school.

She just doesn't understand my love for hair and makeup and nails.
sorry for this little rant its just so unfair.

Candlecove

If that's want you want, your mom should respect that, even if she doesn't agree with you.
Good luck :)

nibjet

My mom cried when I went to cosmetology school, so I went to cosmetology school in the day, and college at night, and once i got my license i switched my classes to days and worked in the evenings. Now i have a bachelors degree and my cosmetology license. I've been doing hair for ten years, and I still wouldn't change a thing. You can always go later!

LMD84

maybe you could explain to your mum it is what you want to do with your life. surely she wouldn;t want you doing something you didn't love? just try and talk to her about it some more. show her how passionate you are and let her know that it's not a lower class school, it's just a different school.

Latest posts