searching for the perfect mauveish pinkish lipstick....and i'm stuck!

mariserinb

okay....here is what i am looking for....

a cool-toned mauvey pink that is not too bright, perhaps a little "dusty" looking, NOT shimmery. somewhat of a "my lips but better" shade, but dustier and mauvier, because creme cup is pretty much my lip color.

i'd say something like a less bright, dirtier version of snob....like nars sex machine velvet matte lip pencil, but lighter (it's too dark for my pale self). maybe even a tad more mauvey. nyx power but lighter....glamour for all lipglass in lipstick form....

hopefully that description wasn't too confusing
winks.gif

i feel like i have looked at every brand and bought a million wrong lipsticks!
th_confused_new.gif

anyone have some suggestions???

LMD84

what about the fergioe viva glam lipstick? that is very nice, creamy with a hint of mauve in it... on me at least!

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
what about the fergioe viva glam lipstick? that is very nice, creamy with a hint of mauve in it... on me at least!

i'll have to try that, too. last time i tried i was concerned it was a bit dark for my super pale self! but i can always try again
smiles.gif
thanks!

My favourite mauvey-pinks are MAC's VG VI SE and Laugh-A-Lot (from Spring Colour Forecast). I'm super pale too and find a lot of lipsticks too bright/dark for me (though I think the two I mentioned look great on fair skin!). If I am wearing a dark or bright lipstick I will pat it on with a lip brush instead of applying it straight from the tube and/or apply a bit of MAC's C-Thru lipglass on top to tone it down.

HoneyDip

how about RIMMEL 'Airy Fairy', I heard YT-Guru fafinettex3 talkin about it in several videos!

DollyGirl92

I find Pink Plaid or Please me from MAC work well for a MLBB look.
but they are mattes so I'm not sure if thats an issue.

User38

try a matte lipppie.. EL Stay Matte in Mauve.. it is a great dusty mauve with no shine or shimmer.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
i'll have to try that, too. last time i tried i was concerned it was a bit dark for my super pale self! but i can always try again
smiles.gif
thanks!

Another vote for VGV SE, I think it's universally flattering regarding your skintone. I'm NW25/30 and my sister is NW15 (or lighter) and it looks great on both of us.

mariserinb

how does everyone feel about viva glam II? i just saw a swatch and it looks very much like what i'm looking for. i just need to see it on someone paler....

mariserinb

okay, search is over! i got sephora lip liner in candid candy and then too faced lipstick in centerfold. i fill my lips with the liner and then just very lightly tap on the lipstick. perfect
smiles.gif

Latest posts