Secret Santa 2008: Information and Hints Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacelover18

DEADLINE PASSED. NO MORE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Okay, so I think there's enough interest to do this, so here we go:

1. To participate you must have feedback somewhere, either here on Specktra, Makeupalley, or somewhere else. This is the best way to insure that no one is disappointed (although it's not a guarantee).
  2. If you're interested, PM me with your name, address, your feedback info, and if you have a location preference (like US only, etc). If you don't provide a preference I will assume you don't have one.
  3. The deadline to sign up is Friday, November 7. That's a little less than 2 weeks from now.
  4. There is NO PRICE RANGE. Everybody's financial situation is different, so everyone can give what they can. The best gifts are always the most thoughtful ones.
  5. Once the deadline passes, I will match up people as best as I can, and PM everyone with their elf's (the person you are the Secret Santa for) info. You will then have the rest of the month to shop for your elf. It is up to you when to send your gift, but please try to send before the holiday season ends. Keep in mind the postal services tend to slow down around the holidays.
  6. After the deadline, we'll set up a hints thread where you can give your Santa a little bit of info about yourself and what you like. Another good way to get hints is to do a bit of snooping about the person's posts. If you have a specific question you'd like to ask your elf, PM me and I will ask them for you.
  7. After sufficient time has passed and hopefully everyone has received their gifts, I will post the list of who was who's Secret Santa here in this thread.
In the interest of fairness, I have feedback here on Specktra and on MUA as Peacelover18.

Before you sign up, please seriously consider whether or not you will have the time and money to participate. No one wants to be disappointed.

Feel free to use the thread to ask questions, etc.

specktra_rocks.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif
Christmas.gif
santa.gif

user79

Re: 2008 Specktra Secret Santa - DEADLINE IS NOV. 7!

Sticking this thread, but please be aware that this Secret Santa is organized privately and not officially arranged or endorsed by Specktra.net Participation is at own risk and Specktra.net will not be responsible for any problems.

That said, I do hope this year's goes better than last years. Have fun!

thelove4tequila

Re: 2008 Secret Santa - DEADLINE IS NOV. 7!

There was a secret santa exchange last year?
hmm.gif

Question, are we randomly given an elf (?) by peacelover18?

peacelover18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
There was a secret santa exchange last year?
hmm.gif

Question, are we randomly given an elf (?) by peacelover18?

There was a small Secret Santa exchange last year, but it wasn't started until early December by a member who had just joined the board. Needless to say, it wasn't incredibly successful.

Yes, I will randomly assigned elves. I'm going to base it on the order people PM me, unless that conflicts with someone's location preference.

We've had a good amount of people already join, but we'd love to have even more!
thmbup.gif

choozen1ne

Have you thought about using elfster.com ? , it is for secrect santas and randomly matches people and allows people to make up wish list and lets people ask their elfs anonomously questions , and it has features that can remind everyone of the events upcoming date , here is the link
Secret Santa Online Gift Exchange Organizer

I belong the the Purse Fourm and we have had a lot of succes with it

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by choozen1ne
Have you thought about using elfster.com ? , it is for secrect santas and randomly matches people and allows people to make up wish list and lets people ask their elfs anonomously questions , and it has features that can remind everyone of the events upcoming date , here is the link
Secret Santa Online Gift Exchange Organizer

I belong the the Purse Fourm and we have had a lot of succes with it

I think that's probably the easiest and best way to organize something like this.

carandru

^^^ Me either. I wanted to participate, but I guess so secret santa for me this year.

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxainixx
i dont have any feedback... oh well
ssad.gif

same
ssad.gif
I dont even know what feedback is...

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
same
ssad.gif
I dont even know what feedback is...

It means a feedback rating that you have attained from a sale, swap, etc. to make sure that you are an honest and reliable person to do "business" with. For example from swapping on here, makeupalley.com, ebay, etc. Hope that helped.
smiles.gif

peacelover18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Did you receive my pm???
smiles.gif

Yes, I have.

We have almost 20 people signed up now, but there's room for many more!
santa.gif

You have 1 more week to sign up!

Lizzie

That sounds like soooo much fun. But I have no feedback either
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
^^^ Me either. I wanted to participate, but I guess so secret santa for me this year.

I'll be yours...
yes.gif
But there goes the secret
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
That sounds like soooo much fun. But I have no feedback either
ssad.gif

ssad.gif
cry.gif

melliquor

I just sent a pm. I love these.

Are we going to do wishlists?

Stormy

Yay I signed up! I also reccomend Elfster.com, it's awesome and easy to use and that way we can do wishlists and give our secret santa some info about us and what we like.
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts