Sedu Flat Iron Question

luckyme

OK, so when I got my hair highlighted on Friday, My hairdresser used her Chi flat iron on my hair. I have never thought about using one on my hair because it is fine (but alot of it) and colored. I could not believe how pretty it looked. It was so smooth and more than that it was SSSSOOOO shiny.

Well since then, I have been doing my homework and most sites are sayig that the Sedu is the best and for my fine hair I want the best. One reason I like the Sedu over the Chi is because the Chi does not have a temperature control as well as I have heard they break rather easily.

Does anyone know the benefit of having the 1 inch (any brand) over a larger one say like 1 1/2 inch? I know you can get into tighter spaces with the smaller one but I dont know which one to get and I dont want to be sorry.

Also, when you use product like a heat protectant, do you use it before you blow dry or right before you flat iron?

TIA

kaliraksha

I use product right before I flat iron and a little leave in conditioner before I blow dry. Look into the Solia as well. folica.com is a great resoure and if they have seriousl hundreds of reviews over all of that... plus before and after pictures which are great.

I've heard some people get unlucky with the chi and it breaks really quickly... my mom has had hers for about a year and is still happy though. I totally don't remember whether I have the sedu or the solia... because those were the two that I narrowed it down to.

Pink_lily

i have a Solia 1-inch flat iron, which i absolutely love! i use a flat iron my hair nearly every day, and this one has proven to be the best. i had a CHI flat iron but it shorted out after just a few months, while other people i know have had theirs for year(s) and haven't experienced any problems. i use a heat protectant both before i blow-dry and before using the flat iron, just as added caution. i looked up the Sedu flat iron as well, but i decided on the Solia because it came with a free heat-proof pouch (lame, i know). definitely check out folica.com for prices, sizes, etc.

i do recommend getting a smaller flat iron, such as a 1-inch. they get the job done just as well as a larger one, but there's less heat being spread out which means that your hair is less likely to be damaged if you hold the iron in one place for too long (no more than 3 seconds).

sarahbeth564

I have the Sedu 1 1/2 inch. My hair is thick like crazy and curly and I can straighten my hair in about 15 minutes. My roommates all love the thing and use it secretly when I'm not around (it actually makes me quite mad).

I narrowed it down to the Sedu and the Solia. I almost wish I bought both so I could try them out and then send one back! ha! But yeah...they both get great reviews. I almost wish I would have gotten the Solia though because the outside of the iron doesn't get hot, and the Sedu does. This might not matter to you, but sometimes I want to grab it and I can't.

Great iron though!

kaliraksha

yay after reading what the others said... I have the sedu! Yay! I only use it like once a week when I want to straighten my hair... usually my hair is just in its natural curly state.. and yes, i use it to straighten my friends hairs for "events" because im the only one that has one... eventhough they all wear their hair straight everyday......arr

bebs

if your flat ironing your hair you'll want to get a hairspray heat protector or its going to kill your hair after ahile -it will smell burnt- using any heat product on your hair you want to use something [my bestfriend is a hair dresser so I get lectured about everything]

teamo7

SEdu ALl the way .. THe 1'2 in. is already small enough... (i just bought mine) it works perfectly..
smiles.gif

Latest posts