Senior Superlatives

gildedangel

My school has never done those because it they feel it hurts those who don't get picked or get one they don't like. But on my Debate Team my senior year I was dubbed "Team Mom" lol.

Titty

Actually this sparks back a bad memory, my senior year in high school, my friendships fell apart due to deep seated jealousy. My "friends" purposely announced everyone they nominated for a superlative to hurt me.

I was nothing as well.

Thinking back on it, just a childish move on their part!

nelyanaphonexia

lol. this brings back memories. I was voted Most Likely to be Miss America *and* Most Likely to Become a Famous Athlete. I thought those two were odd and hilarious, especially together.

User35

I was nothing.

with about 800 graduating seniors I really didnt stand out, its all good though..look at me now.
greengrin.gif

chocolategoddes

According to my school's yearbook staff, I was a really close second for getting "Class Clown Female" and I lost to a more popular (less funny) cheerleader/ ASB officer. I guess because she told random jokes during morning announcements, she's automatically the class clown.

gigglegirl

none of my schools did that, and for that i'm thankful. it'd be about how many ppl vote, then popularity ties in, and ppl get their noses out of joint......goodness gracious, voting for valedictorian was tough enough for one of my friends really thought she should have won....I just see these status things to be unneccessary aggravation.

Shimmer

how the hell do you VOTE for valedictorian? 0.o Ours was listed as the person with the highest grade and based on nothing else. o.o

gigglegirl

I don't remember exact details, but it wasn't based on just grades. It had been narrowed down to 3-5 (honestly I didn't care, popularity contest). So even though someone had a higher GPA (I believe had the highest) they weren't as involved with student groups and other extracurricular activities so she ended up not winning, but the winner was a smart person from the popular crowd.

I think having the teachers choose based solely on GPA would have been far better, because I saw the fallout when people didn't get enough votes to win.

CantAffordMAC

I was not voted for anything as a Senior. But in 8th grade I won for Funniest Girl. I was shocked

In my senior year, the voting was done in the cafeteria. Everyone got a sheet of paper, and everyone ran around telling everyone else to vote for them for a certain category, and stayed there while they wrote the names down on paper to make sure the person really voted for them
th_rolleye0014.gif

LMD84

in the uk we don't tend to have these! so therefore i wasn't voted as anything! porbs a good thing though as most people in school thought i was a weirdo!

Latest posts