Sephora partners with JC Penney

colormust

so i was on another site and someboy said that JC Penneys is going to start selling sephora this fall.....how cool is that.
my sephoria is just way too busy for me.

user3

hmmm....I'll have to wait for more info on this. I'll be honest that my first reaction is not in a million years would Sephora move over to JcPenney's but who knows. Penney's business is going down and maybe LVMH struck a deal with them.

Quiana

JC Penny's is going down....

I just read that too, but they just closed one of the JC Penny's at a local mall in my area. I remember back in the day JC used to sell cosmetics but now they are mainly the only place little old ladies can find full underskirts!!

I hope its true as the Sephora in my area is a bit of a drive (althought I seem to be able to make it EVERY weeeknd) so to have one about 10 mins a way would be way cool for my stash...not so much so for my wallet
lol.gif

jeanna

It's true! I was at Sephora training yesterday and they said that JCPenny will have mini-Sephora's!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
It's true! I was at Sephora training yesterday and they said that JCPenny will have mini-Sephora's!

Hmmmm....that is so weird. LOL!! We'll see.

user3

Thanks Jeanna for the confirmation
greengrin.gif

I agree with asteffey. However, I am sure it will make a few gals happy because it will put more Sephora stores closer to them.

kaliraksha

Hmm but Sephora to me has a really glam sparkly clean image when I walk in and I'm having problems meshing that with the old dark look of JC Penney's I've been too... is that wrong? =(

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Hmm but Sephora to me has a really glam sparkly clean image when I walk in and I'm having problems meshing that with the old dark look of JC Penney's I've been too... is that wrong? =(

no, i totally agree. i think sephora and jcpenny as companies are a little too far apart (i.e.; who they target demographically) to fluidly merge. I think it will definitely boost jcpenney sales, but it is sort of odd to imagine the inside of a jcpenney store with a black, red, and white counter in it. maybe this is part of a larger scheme to get more middle aged consumers who don't usually go into sephora to buy cosmetics that suit them. if that is it, then i totally agree b/c im tired of seeing the same damn coral lipstick on 60 year olds.

brandiisamonkey

hmnn Id like to have a sephora near me (I have to order online) but I dont want a mini sephora in jc penny...
ssad.gif
I want the real thing!

kaliraksha

Well I think JC Penney is also trying to appeal to a younger audience that Bijou Bijou line they carry is pretty neat...

colormust

at my jc penney they dont care any make up so this is really cool. if they are gong to have makeup, at least it is good make up : )

turtle

For some reason that sounds really strange to me... They don't carry any sort of makeup at my JC Penney's, but honestly I don't really go in there.

glamella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Well I think JC Penney is also trying to appeal to a younger audience that Bijou Bijou line they carry is pretty neat...

Yep, JC Penney has been doin an image turnaround. They has really updated what they carry. And they are doing a Target-like thing where designers are doing lower price point lines for them.

squeakers

JCPenney has been changing their business strategies and image a lot over the past few years to try to match the success that their major competitor Kohl's has had. Things like the way their stores are laid out, merchandise they carry, etc. It makes sense that since Kohl's added a cosmetics department in the last couple of years, that JCPenney would do the same thing.

Latest posts