Shale vs. Earthly Riches

coconut

Can anyone who has both these eyeshadow shades tell me whether Shale is similar to the two Earthly Riches shades of purple and grey mixed together (Earthly Riches is from the Holiday 2007 collection). Shale sounds really pretty, but I already have Earthly Riches which seems like it might produce a similar effect.

Another eyeshadow that seems similar that I've been eyeing is Nars Barbuda, which is another purple-grey colour. If anyone also has that and can compare it to either Shale or Earthly Riches that would be great.

amoona

Very different. Shale is much lighter but still a gorgeous color. I have both and love them both. Shale is light a light purple with a hint of gray in it. Earthly Rich is darker and perfect for a smokey eye look.

janwa09

Yes they're totally different. Shale to me is very light kind of purple-brown. Earthly Riches is dark and shimmery. I think the 2 would go well together though.

coconut

Great, thanks for all your help! So now that I've decided that I need this colour, I have to decide whether to get Shale or if it's worth it to splurge on Nars Barbuda. Can anyone compare these two?

Latest posts