Shattered! Unfortunately I'm not talking about the color

TwiggyPop

I was depotting my eyeshadows and when I finally got to the last one it shattered in my hands, on my shirt and on my couch. Matte shadows are a pain in the arse!
R.I.P. Electric, my poor shadow. I know I didn't use you much yet, but I loved you dearly.
2010-04-262001522.jpg

summerblue

Twiggy, OK, it's not gonna be part of your palette, but it's still usable so don't send it to it's grave so fast. lol!

TwiggyPop

The whole thing came out of the pan, but I broke it all up and tried to repress it with alcohol. I'm not sure if its gonna work though because its always been hard to repress broken matte shadows. Half of it ended up on my shirt and couch too. I tried to pull my shirt together and make it all fall back into the pan, but most of that ended up on my floor. I'm sure I looked like some addict crawling around screaming, "NO, NO!!!" haha

coachkitten

I hate when that happens! Sorry Twiggy! I had a bad depotting accident the other day with the new Hey eye shadow from MAC.
ssad.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah Urban Decay eyeshadows are a bitch to depot, I had the same accident with Oil Slick. The whole top layer just fell off when I depotted it! I was mad but at the same time I was glad I had some left lol. If you have to just put it in a travel jar and use it as a loose eyeshadow.

arlingtonian

I think I have cracked or broken every single Matte UD shadow I've depotted. Alcohol won't work unfortunately. I tried and ended up with a chunk of shadow with no color payoff.
angry.gif

TwiggyPop

I haven't tried to use it since then, I was afraid of finding out it didn't work. I guess I would've been better off putting it in a travel jar like smokesignal16 said. You would think I would've learned my lesson after carbon kept breaking in my palette. No matter how many times I've cleaned it out I still find bits of matte black shadow coming out of it....and that almost 2 years ago!

Latest posts