Shiseido Mascara Base dc'd?!

elektra513

Sephora just sent me the following email:

You recently requested notification when Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base , $23.00, is available. We are sorry to inform you that this item has been discontinued, but our Beauty Advisors can recommend a similar product.

I already figured this because there is another base on the website in its place:

Sephora: Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base: Mascara

But there is no info really yet. So I wonder if it is just being re-formulated, and what the benefits of this new one are...

Anyone tried this new base yet?

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Sephora just sent me the following email:

You recently requested notification when Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base , $23.00, is available. We are sorry to inform you that this item has been discontinued, but our Beauty Advisors can recommend a similar product.

I already figured this because there is another base on the website in its place:

Sephora: Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base: Mascara

But there is no info really yet. So I wonder if it is just being re-formulated, and what the benefits of this new one are...

Anyone tried this new base yet?

oh my! I love this base -- but it is not that new.. I have a few backups but quite honestly this was THE best mascara base I have ever tried
ssad.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
oh my! I love this base -- but it is not that new.. I have a few backups but quite honestly this was THE best mascara base I have ever tried
ssad.gif

You mean the Nourishing Base that is now on the website isn't new?

bis

Oh, great. I just started using it and quite like it. Just my luck I guess
winks.gif

Thanks for the info.

User38

I looked at the Sephora site and see the Moisturizing Mascara Base.. and then I looked at the Shiseido site and see the Mascara Base.. I did not even know it was called Moisturizing.. lol. Anyway, it is online at Shiseido and also at Nordies... I just dropped a note to Shiseido and will wait to see if they confirm or deny Sephora's info.. (maybe Sephora will no longer carry it?)..

will advise
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Oh, great. I just started using it and quite like it. Just my luck I guess
winks.gif

Thanks for the info.

yea, I hate reccomending a product that is soon to be discontinued
ssad.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
You mean the Nourishing Base that is now on the website isn't new?

my mascara base is not called Nourishing Base -- just Macara Base.. so
th_dunno.gif

elektra513

Quote:
my mascara base is not called Nourishing Base -- just Macara Base.. so
th_dunno.gif

Right. The Mascara Base is the one I had set to have Sephora send me an email when it came back in stock b/c I wanted to buy it. When I first did that there were two mascara bases listed on the site, the mascara base and then the nourishing base. Then when I got this email today, the Mascara Base was no longer listed on the site.

I hope Shiseido responds to your email and clarifies this. Also, I want to check at a Macy's or Nordstrom counter and see if they have the original base and any info about the nourishing base. I'm really thinking they just reformulated the original to compete with all these new bases that have come out to improve the lashes, y'know?

bis

Quote:
yea, I hate reccomending a product that is soon to be discontinued
ssad.gif

Thanks for recommending it to, maybe Europe is slower than the US when it comes to d/cing the product.
By know I am very used to companies d/cing my fav products
winks.gif

elektra513

Ok, I just went to Nordstrom, and they didn't know anything about the Nourishing base, they had the original one, though. Their stock was low, so I was worried at first, but she said every counter for all the brands was low because of their anniversary sale thing, so they'll get fully stocked with everything next week. So the Original Mascara Base is still available, y'all
smiles.gif

Shypo

I've been gradually hoarding this on the off-chance it is officially discontinued - I love the way it makes my lashes look! I've actually had people comment on them (and believe me, I've got some stumpy little buggers!).

It's a great product - others have commented to me that yes, like Elektra said, they may just be reformulating it. No matter, I like what I have so I guess I'll keep hoarding it.
winkiss.gif

Birgit, I know what you mean. About the time I start liking something they yank it off the shelves!
angry.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I've been gradually hoarding this on the off-chance it is officially discontinued - I love the way it makes my lashes look! I've actually had people comment on them (and believe me, I've got some stumpy little buggers!).

It's a great product - others have commented to me that yes, like Elektra said, they may just be reformulating it. No matter, I like what I have so I guess I'll keep hoarding it.
winkiss.gif

Birgit, I know what you mean. About the time I start liking something they yank it off the shelves!
angry.gif

love.gif
you for saying this!
smiles.gif
Sometimes I think it must just be me liking a product and that's why they discontinue it.
th_wink3.gif

Seems like we know better than they know it.
Btw, the last time I was shopping Chanel on Tuesday the SA told me that the new Dior Lash Serum it is fabulous. And it's supposed to be transparent.

Nicala

I believe they changed the name to the Nourishing Mascara base. I doubt they would discontinue a cult favorite!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
love.gif
you for saying this!
smiles.gif
Sometimes I think it must just be me liking a product and that's why they discontinue it.
th_wink3.gif

Seems like we know better than they know it.
Btw, the last time I was shopping Chanel on Tuesday the SA told me that the new Dior Lash Serum it is fabulous. And it's supposed to be transparent.

Same here at the bold. I am afraid to publicly declare favorite products sometimes for that reason. "The Man" is always watching
shockt.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Latest posts