• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Shiseido: The Makeup Mascara Base (Mascara)

PreTTyAnGeL

Overall Rating: 5
Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? YES!!!!

This product is WAY better then i thought. It holds the curl for me WAY better then the double extend does. I let a friend use it too and she LOVES it!! Great product. I will not use mascara without this product. It is worth the money. Also waterproof to me even though the box doesnt say so, the usual makeup cloths doesnt take it off, i have to use bifacil. Even then there is usually some white stuff left on my lashes. I pair the with MF Lash Perfection and my lashes look absolutely FABULOUS!!!

powder_puff

Would you buy this product again? YES!!!!

I absolutely agree with everything pretty angel said. I can't wear mascara without this product because after I take my time and have a nice curl as soon as I add mascara it goes completely limp. With the base my curl holds and it doesn't smudge one little bit all day. I rave about this product to everybody and have gotten so many of my friends hooked. The only promblem is that it's a little difficult to take off so I too use bifacil's which works perfectly. I've been using it for years and you can use any mascara with it.

xcoco

Price: 5
Would you buy this product again? YES!

My lashes stay curled with this and all the other mascara base I tried just make my lashes straight after I curl them.

curlygirl45

Would you buy this product again? YES, I've cheated but have learned and am back!!!!

I've tried other mascara bases and always come back. My current combination of Shiseido Mascara Base, new version Shu curler and Chanel Inimitable Waterproof has given me great lashes that last all day.

sophistichic

Would you buy this product again? obviously!

I've heard so much about this mascara so I decided to get it and OMG I love it and I've never turned back~~! At first I thought it was just a hype but gosh it is AMAZING! It holds my curl and omg i just adore it~!

meiming

Would you buy this product again? Absotively Poselutely!

Since I've been here on Specktra I've heard about Shiseido's mascara base, but after the hype on Diorshow totally didn't pan for me, I was very skeptical about this one as well. So months and months later I finally bought it with a Christmas gift card and low and behold...I have lashes! Good gravy, I only curled my lashes once, took my time with the primer and with one coat of drugstore mascara, I have amazing lashes that really do look, as others girls have said, like I have falsies on. It's only the beginning of the day, but I'm excited to see how long they stay up and out

ndn-ista

Price: 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I have heard so much about this, I had to try it. I have the MAC prep&prime mascara base, and it sucks! It always clumps up my lashes. Anyway, so I just this new one yesterday, and I only played around with it for a few minutes, and it was greatt! My lashes looked alot fuller and curled. I am sure when I really play with it before a night out, it will look even better. The best thing is that I must have put 3 different mascaras and coats and it still didn't clump!!!

lovelyweapon

Would you buy this product again? Definitely!

I was a little skeptical because of the price, but I'm so glad I did! This base makes even the cheapiest mascaras looks awesome. I will never wear another mascara without this base!

lovelyweapon

Would you buy this product again? Definitely!

I was a little bit skeptical because of the price, but this has to have been one of my greatest investments. It was worth it! This base makes even the cheapiest mascaras look awesome. If I could recommend any lash product to anyone, it'd be this one.

kimmy

Would you buy this product again? oh yes!

i got this product as a gift from the lovely juneplum and i love it! i usually only use it when i know i'm going to be out for a long, long time because i know i can trust it to keep my mascara in place no matter what. there's days when i leave for work at six in the morning and don't get home until ten at night, those days, i use this mascara base. keeps my mascara looking fresh all day (and all night!)

mello

Packaging Quality: 2
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this base. It's honestly the ONLY mascara base that works for me, everything else is way too heavy for my lashes. They're very thin and do not hold curl at all, but with this base they stay put, all day. It goes on fairly clear, and makes your mascara work like it's supposed to. This is definitely a must have if you have stubborn lashes.

jokingsbury

I also adore this product. I have short lashes and this primer makes my lashes look so long. It does not make my mascara clump or make it difficult to apply. I put the primer on and immediately follow with mascara. I don't really let the primer dry.