Should I depot my MAC LE Trios/Quads (Heatherette, Hello Kitty)

chickatthegym

It's getting to the point where I want to organize my collection as well as possible... I LOVE the special packaging, but I think I may be ready to just add those shadows to my 15 palettes... I have 8 * 15 palettes right now...

What do you guys think? Should I depot? What is the easiest way to do it? I use the flat iron method with my singles and it's been awesome for hundreds of them
smiles.gif

And what about quads? Do you think I should depot those? What is the easiest way? YouTube vids? Links?

THANKS!

Dreamingeagle24

i use the flat iron method. I did not depot my hello kitty quads, but i did depot my heatherette trio and back to mac's the packaging. i didn't really care about the heatherette packaging, but i love hello kitty so wanted to leave them alone. I think it is really up to you. You might want to depot ones that have packaging you don't really care about, and leave the ones you love in their original form.

Junkie

I did this - and then just arranged them in their own palette. Of course, if you do it by colour family, then it'll be different, but it was a way for me to still keep them "together". Haha.

Vlcatko

I presonally would depot them - I love my 15-pan palettes and organising them by color - OCD in me - as much as possible of my collection has to be in uniform packaging and organised
winks.gif

I prefer the no-heat method (EnKore has a great tut for that) - and it is very easy for quads - you just pop off the divider, pour some rubbing alcohol into the bottom of the palette and wait a while to loosen the glue on the pans... And then you just lift them off
thmbup.gif

Just a note - only depot ANYTHING if you are sure you are going to keep using those products - if you later decide you want to sell them, you won't be able to fetch as good price for them...
yes.gif

FiestyFemme

I haven't depotted my LE packaging yet (Fafi & Heatherette)... honestly, it just hasn't occurred to me to do it! I don't love the shadows in either palette I have, but the packaging is super cute. They'd probably get more love if I depotted them, but I just don't know if I want to mess it up.

LittleMaryJane

I have yet to buy a quad or trio BUT unless the packaging was AMAZING (which in this case, I don't think it is), I'd depot. I don't like quads at all anyway and I love my 15 pan pallets and having all my shadows together in there.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
It's getting to the point where I want to organize my collection as well as possible... I LOVE the special packaging, but I think I may be ready to just add those shadows to my 15 palettes... I have 8 * 15 palettes right now...

What do you guys think? Should I depot? What is the easiest way to do it? I use the flat iron method with my singles and it's been awesome for hundreds of them
smiles.gif

And what about quads? Do you think I should depot those? What is the easiest way? YouTube vids? Links?

THANKS!

You have to think which way you prefer and which way youll get the most use out of your eye shadows or if you will be selling them in the future.
I just depotted my to the beach le e/s i found i wasnt using them as much because I always use my 15 palette not to mention the OCD in me had to have them all organized. These were the first ever e/s I ever depotted and it was so easy some use a flat iron I don't happen to own one so I used a skillet on my stove. If your interested in this method you can check youtube or just send me a message and I will go more into detail.
Good luck.

spunky

i depot everything. LE packaging, quads, trios, blah blah blah. haven't got round to de-tubing my lipsticks but i can see that coming too
yes.gif

same reasons as everyone else, i don't use the ones that aren't in my big palettes and i don't have enough space to have all the special ones floating about in my drawers.

hello_kitty

I depot all my quads and LE sets. Otherwise I never use the products. Even just LE pots I depot and B2M the pots. I did keep my empty Hello Kitty quads since they're cute.

I'm honestly not one for special packaging. I couldn't care less about it.

xKiKix

i actually just recently depotted my dame edna trio. i placed them in my palette and i havent looked back since then. at least its in my palette so it doesnt have to be unused.

Goat Goat Etc.

You're way more likely to use those colors if you depot them.
The packaging was a marketing a draw, the e/s's are the real prize.
Being realistic, as soon as you B2M the packaging you'll forget you even cared.

Latest posts