Should my wedding makeup match my bridesmaids' dresses?

Pimptress

My bridesmaids are wearing Yellow and Pink dresses

click here and here

Just wondering about MY makeup.

My two favorite colors to wear and I do amazingly are Pink Freeze and Cloudbound. I put them together and it was pretty, but you know, not really dramatic? I know I can make it darker, but is it silly to match my makeup to my wedding colors? Or should I go for a basic bridal look?

BeautyPsycho

I think the best thing to do is not to try matching anything (dresses, yours or bridesmaids') but your face. Whatever brings out your favorite features (eyes or lips I guess) the best- go with it! Of course, it should compliment your dress and occasion
smiles.gif

Congrats, btw
cheerleader.gif

me_jelly

I definitely think that you should not match your wedding makeup to your bridesmaids' dresses. I think wedding makeup should be elegant/graceful and sophisticated - you should use colors that best suit your skintones and features. Since traditional wedding dresses are normally white or some form of off-white/cream, I think most colors will suit it. So just pick colors that bring out the best of your face.
Congrads!

wahine

Ditto with the earlier recs. My suggestion: use colors that you'd normally wear just make it a bit dramatic or take it a notch higher. That way, people (or even the groom) will actually recognize the bride.
smiles.gif

I've been in one too many weddings where the bride looks TOTALLY different on her wedding day such that when the pics came out over a reunion, some went like "that's her?"
winks.gif

claresauntie

It's a bad idea to match your bridesmaids' dresses, because a) those may not be the most flattering colors on you, b) I worry that it will look "dated" in pictures when you look back years from now, and c) like the other ladies said, you need to wear what is most flattering for you.

I also don't know that "dramatic" is the right look for a wedding... you may want to go for a consult with a MAC artist and have her/him make some suggestions as to what will be most flattering to you but will show up best in pictures while still looking good in person.

rouquinne

i'm actually the kind of person who wears smoky eyes to work - in a gov't office and very dramatic eyes when going out.

for my wedding, i will have spectacular eyes - but i'm also not wearing a white or cream dress!

greengrin.gif

liv

DEFINITELY go with what colors look best on you...your wedding day is the last day you want to find out that maybe pink and yellow on your eyes doesn't look so hot on you (or in pictures!)

Latest posts