Shu eyeshadows?

mandirigma

Did I post this in the right forum? I know it's not MAC related, but I am looking for recs.

I'm looking to make my first Shu purchase within the next few months after reading rave reviews on the eyeshadows. So I have only a couple of questions:

1. Anybody know where I can find swatches of them?

2. Can anybody recommend me any colors? (I tend to stay away from blues and greens, but love purples, pinks/peaches, and neutrals)

TIA! :thumbsup:

Jude

Hey girlie. I am a devoted follower of Shu Shadows. They are the best shadows I own and are so worth the investment. Here are some that you may like...

ME Purple 700
IR Pink 150
ME Pink 150
ME Green 450 (A pretty olive green)
IR Gold 350
ME Purple 780
ME Brown 885 (a deep, gorgeous Cranberry)
ME Silver 945 ( a staple)

Good luck!

Rowan

The Shu website has swatches, but there are lots of pics at Makeupalley. I don't have a Shu counter near me, so I've found those helpful when choosing colors.

Isis

I agree w/ Rowan. The Shu website & MUA will be pretty good resources for swatches. Those are what I use as well. These are some of my favorite colors:
Green ME 550
Green IR 551
Gold IR 350
Brown ME 850
Blue ME 650
Pink ME 125
Pink IR 150

mandirigma

thanks for the tips, guys! the pics on MUA were way more helpful =) and thanks for the recs Isis! i will def. check those out.

Isis

Oh, I almost forgot, Shu reformulated thier shadows so you'll definitely want to double check that on the website. When you click on swatches a little sub-note will come up underneith telling you the number of the new color. Just an FYI if you didn't know that already
smiles.gif

Rowan

I forgot to include eyeshadow suggestions in my previous post. Whoops.
lol.gif
These are all from the old line. I don't have any of the new ones, but I have seen some at Makeup Alley. The beiges, browns & golds look great!

ME Silver 945, think this was renamed ME Brown 850
ME Gold 390
P Purple 715
ME Purple 780
IR Beige 803
M Brown 871

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
ME Silver 945, think this was renamed ME Brown 850

It is
smiles.gif
I just checked.

enka

If I ever hade to choose one eyeshaow for the rest of my life, than this would be Shu's ME Silver for sure! Awesome stuff.

mandirigma

thanks for all the help!

i was checking the neiman marcus one first, cause i'll probably end up going to the actual store to get my stuff, but the website only has a few of the colors. =/ i might end up ordering whatever i can't find off the shu website, or the store if i ever make a trip up to nor cal (or nyc i guess, after i move back to the east coast).

thank you for all the suggestions, guys! i like these colors already!

mspixieears

I think CarolineSwing has heaps of Shu e/s in all their glory and has them grouped into their colours. I absolutely adore the metallic ones, like those who have posted above. The ones that are hardest to work with, in my experience, is the M 'matte' ones. But the P 'pearl' & IR 'iridescent' and ME ones are heavenly.

Latest posts