Smashbox Brushes?

Indian Barbie

What are your opinions on the Smashbox makeup brushes? I've been eyeing a set on QVC and thought it was great value... but are they comparable to mac? Appreciate any feedback thanks

Blushbaby

I only have the angled liner brush (no 21) which I LOVE!! It makes applying liner so much easier.

I like the look of the face & body brush (no 19).

TISH1124

I love my smashbox brushes.....But I agree...they do not compare in quality to MAC but they will get the job done...

knoxydoll

I'm most likely in the minority. But I love these brushes and I believe they're same to better quality than MAC brushes, however MAC has a better selection/amount of brushes. They're my favourite brushes to buy.

gabi03

They aren't bad but unfortunately i've had two literally just fall apart on me. I won't be buying them again.

EdenBunny

I have bought the brush set from decadence collection and they are quite good. They are synthetic so are not soft like natural bristles brushes, but most of the ordinary brushes are made of natural bristles. I like most the foundation brush #13 and the angled blush brush #24, the eye brushes are a little bit hard.
Unfortunately I don't know mac brushes and cannot compare
ssad.gif
Sorry!

Jinni

I really like my Smashbox brushes. I have two sets (2007 and 2008 holiday) and some single brushes. I really like the #19 for powder products that aren't very pigmented.

The kabukis they include with their bronzers and powders are awful though. Very scratchy.

metal_romantic

Does anyone else have the Half Moon brush? It's the only smashbox item in my collection so far.
I use it to pack powder under the eyes (to catch eyeshadow fallout) but if anyone can suggest any more uses to me I would be grateful!
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

I Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Does anyone else have the Half Moon brush? It's the only smashbox item in my collection so far.
I use it to pack powder under the eyes (to catch eyeshadow fallout) but if anyone can suggest any more uses to me I would be grateful!
smiles.gif

I use it to contour sometimes, mainly depending on my mood.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I
I use it to contour sometimes, mainly depending on my mood.

Why didn't I think of that? Lol. I'm used to using NARS ita brushes for that so I didn't even think of it. Thanks!
yes.gif

Anybody else?

cindycs

i have that same smashbox half moon brush and i had no idea what to do with it, so i googled it and it brought me to this forum. its not very soft to me, very rough on my face. but those are some good suggestions of how to use them. thanks
tong.gif

naijapretty

I have the no. 15 crease brush, its very nice and made of hair. the quality's as good as mac. If the half-moon brush is like their fan brush 22, you can use to apply all-over powder on your face, particularly if you're going for a glowy look, so as not to pile on powder. Also, the fan brush is great for applying very pigmented blushes.
check out their application videos, which is under the tab "Insider secrets", which are really good.

Macnarsandlove

I have the lager brush for cheeks, the liner brush and an es brush. They are pretty crappy. I would go to CVS and buy the essence of beauty brushes. They arent bad and cheap.

Adrastea

The one brush that I love and adore and get the most use out of is my Smashbox Precision Highlighter brush.
It came with the Past, Present & Future Collection, which may have only been available on QVC. Anyways, when you got the kit it was the brush for the Light Cast Detail Highlighter, but OMG! I use it for everything.
It's the perfect size for eyeshadow & lip color and you can even do contouring around the nose with it.
Anyways, you might be able to find it on ebay or something, but it really is a lifesaver.

Smashbox brushes are made by the same manufacturer as MAC.

Anisa International - you can google them

they make brushes for
Kevin A
laura mercier
Sephora
Smashbox
A design
Becca
Lola
MAC

Also check out Hakuhodo USA
i believe they make shu umeura's brushes