Smashbox photofinish primer

Licota

I was *this* close to purchase this primer today, but then I remembered... I already have Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch at home, and thought that I might that one a few more tries before a buy another.

So- my question is, is there anyone who has experience with Smashbox photofinish? I'm just thinking regulary day-use.
winkiss.gif

coachkitten

I can't compare it to the Clains primer as I have never used their primer before but I do love Smashbox's Photofinish primer.

I have had really good results with the regular photofinish primer and I have never found another brand that I liked better. I do not like the Photofinish Light at all. It makes my skin look dry and terrible. I think that if you are able to try a sample of it before you buy.

kaliraksha

I use it everytime I wear makeup and I really like it. I'm not sure it's love I could probably easily be convinced towards another line if something was better or cheaper... but I haven't found it yet.

Definitely ask for a sample at a Sephora first or try the budget substitute that some people swear by and say is an excellent dupe for photofinish which is Monistat Chaffing gel (approx $8) sold at your local drugstore.

Stephy171

i cant compare it to the one you have but i use this everyday its amazing my makeup stays put all day!!! its so soft it feels like silk and a little goes a long wayy

Licota

Ah, I'm so jealous at you guys. In Norway the photofinish primer costs 63 USD, compared to 36 USD at Sephora.
ssad.gif
Anyhow, when I tested, or felt at the consistence of Photofinish, it felt really the same as the Clarins.

I guess I have think about it a little longer...
yes.gif

MarsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licota
Ah, I'm so jealous at you guys. In Norway the photofinish primer costs 63 USD, compared to 36 USD at Sephora.
ssad.gif
Anyhow, when I tested, or felt at the consistence of Photofinish, it felt really the same as the Clarins.

I guess I have think about it a little longer...
yes.gif

I was contemplating on getting the Smashbox photofinish primer but didn't know how much it costs in Norway. If it costs that much then I have to reconsider..hmm..

innocent

I love primers! I have Shiseido's, Avon's, Chanel's and Photofinish
smiles.gif

Each one is different and I love Photofinish for everyday use, it's completely transparent and very suitable for those of us that have dry skin.
It's good that you try it first, but I heard a lot of good opinions on it.

Also I recommend that you put it on your fingers and warm it before you put it on face, it goes much smoother and just a few drops is enough for the whole face.

But for more glamorous and heavy make ups I recommend Chanel and Shiseido.

RedRibbon

When I tested it I had combo skin, normal cheeks, oilyish forehead and nose when it got hot out.

I had a sample of it and me being the doofus I am applied the whole sachet (in my defence it looked like it wouldn't have much in there)..end result: me with super furry face and bits coming off.

So I washed it off and used a tiny amount, my face felt very smooth and velvety which was odd and I couldn't see a return in photos. I wore this for my cousin's birthday and I saw some more photos of the event recently, on my phone camera photos my skin looks gorgeous, with a digicam I look like I've been airbrushed and with photos taken on an SLR I look like I have the best skin in the world and it looks oh so natural.

In closing, I'd buy it again but beware, a little bit goes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way so it will last you for ages. If I'd have used that sample properly it would have lasted me at least a week.

kammyks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrymold
As long as you have normal to dry skin and not oily it is an amazing primer

Confused... It says that the primer is oil free on the smashbox website. I was going to suggest this to a friend who has oily skin as I use it (normal/dry skin) everyday.
th_confused_new.gif

Licota

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammyks
Confused... It says that the primer is oil free on the smashbox website. I was going to suggest this to a friend who has oily skin as I use it (normal/dry skin) everyday.
th_confused_new.gif

There are two kinds of Photofinish - Photofinish Light and just Photofinish. The Light-version is for oily skin, the other is for normal / dry skin.

yodagirl

I love, LOVE the Photofinish Light! It has a nice texture and makes my mineral foundation look awesome
smiles.gif

Latest posts