Smokey Eye Help

RussianSexpot

So how do you guys do your smokey eyes? I normally use three shades, 1 being the lightest, 3 darkest. I put 1 all over my lid, 2 in my crease, and 3 on my upper/lower lashline, but it always ends up turning out goth-like..any suggestions? I love the smokey look and I'm dying to get it right some time...

mich.

melozburngr

what I do is put the light color all over, the middle tone in the center of my lid.. and the dark color on the outer v....dunno if Im doin it right, but I like it..

beautifulxdisaster

This is what I do, maybe try lining the darkest colour lightly all around, then use a mettalic coulour on the lid and darkest colour on a outer V as to not look too gothic.

suprchck

this is my saviour for the perfect smokey eye-
i got it from allure a couple of years ago in their monthly cheat sheet things and its the best tutorial ever!!

1.apply a sharp, black pencil against the upper and lower lash lines with short strokes. add more pencil to the upper lashes using diagonal downward strokes.

2.smudge the upper lash line with a q-tip or sponge tip applicator to soften the color and form a base for eye shadow

3. using your ring finger smooth sheer gray or silver cream shadow from eyelid to brow bone (this is where i use stilife paint)

4.brush medium tone gray or silver eye shadow over the cream shadow blending it so it vanishes just above the crease of the eye ( i actually like to use something like phloof or stila's kitten works perfect for me here too)

5. dip a clean soft brush into dark gray or black (i like black tied for a more sparkly look)powder eye shadow, tap off excess and swipe back and forth over just the eyelids.

6. apply same black shadow below lower lashed with small flat brush

thats the actual tutorial allure gave- i always go back over the black with some more kitten or whatever highglighter color just so everything is nice and blended

wow-that was long-but hey hopefully it helps!

RussianSexpot

Oooh, thank ya'll much - I'ma have to try this stuff
thmbup.gif

mich.

Latest posts