Smooth foundation application tips?

ddglitter06

For some reason I cannot for the life of me make my foundation look smooth and flawless. I apply my foundation in buffing motions with a Sigma flat top kabuki, and although I don't have acne, my face does have tiny bumps on it. You can still see these through my foundation. Do you have any tips on how can I get camera close-up ready foundation? I included a photo of how I would like to be able to apply my foundation. TIA : )
2ea21b64_image.jpeg

shellygrrl

Staff member
That image has got to be photoshopped at least a little bit, IMO. You will never get rid of your bumps, no matter how you apply your foundation, no matter how much you apply. If you want "camera-ready", you almost have to overapply all your makeup, so make sure you're using a foundation with a buildable coverage. Also? Good skincare. Way more important than the makeup. Exfoliate. Cleanse. Moisturize. Treat (if necessary).

DaphneWoods

Start with a good primer. I use Laura Mercier in Radiance, which reflects light. After all, to be be camera-ready, that is half of what you need. The foundation itself could have something to do with it. For instance, Illamasqua is too rich for my skin. I use MAC Studio and use Face and Body to thin it out (and lighten it up). I mix it of the back of my hand and use Tarte Airbrush Finish foundation brush to stiple it into my face. I then go back with concealer and blend. I finish it off with a light dusting of MAC Skinfinish (in Lightscape). And yes, Shelly. Skincare is always #1!

miss0annette

For some reason I cannot for the life of me make my foundation look smooth and flawless. I apply my foundation in buffing motions with a Sigma flat top kabuki, and although I don't have acne, my face does have tiny bumps on it. You can still see these through my foundation. Do you have any tips on how can I get camera close-up ready foundation? I included a photo of how I would like to be able to apply my foundation. TIA : )
2ea21b64_image.jpeg
This is photoshopped or has a filter over it. Definitely start with a good primer.

infinitize

I don't think you can really look like the person in the photo unless you photoshop a picture of yourself.
or wear a ridiculously thick and mask like foundation with layers of different products.

in general though, exfoliating and taking care of your skin + a good primer + good foundation and a setting powder is the best you can get.
I personally don't like Sigma and don't have them, but unless you have dry skin with a lot of flakes, brush shouldn't be a problem...

I know Tarte has a full coverage foundation (very silicone like, therefore smoothing)

I watched Wayne Goss using a mineral foundation first and then applying a full coverage foundation over to combat the textural issues of the skin.
I have dry skin and didn't work, but it may work for you.
you have to play around a little with different foundations, primers, setting powders, and brushes to find the right products for you

flwrgirl

I would also love to get that but I somewhat came to terms with the fact that most of these photos use filters.