So Ceylon too dark?

mspixieears

I don't post requests here often unless I'm really stumped, so am wondering, would this be too dark for someone who is NW20/Stila 20 watts/Becca LSC Camel/Nude? (can do Toast only in summer but it's winter here).

I'm thinking of swapping away my BNIB Inventive Eyes quad for a BNIB So Ceylon, but worried it might be too dark and I really only want to wear it as blush.

What do all you MSF aficinados think??? Would love your advice, don't want to surrender my IE quad for something that I won't use.

jinsy

Hope I can help a lil here!
wavey.gif

I'm a Becca Cashmere. Never been MAC typecasted.. I guess I should be a NC/NW 20-25. I thought So Ceylon would be so dark I'd have to wear it as e/s but surprise surprise it didn't turn up muddy on me! The only other nude MSF I use is Naked You. I like it except I wish the silver bits are more subdued. I'd say So Ceylon is more sophisticated, simply by virtue of the muted glow it renders.

Are you more of an e/s or blush gal? I gave up my Inventive as I found out I've got similar shades. I own very few blushers and when I do use blush, it has to complement and not fight with my more made-up eyes
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Thanks people!

I think I'm definitely more of an eyeshadow girl, but I do love the one MSF I have (Petticoat) and since I got a #187 brush, it's so easy to apply as blush. You make it sound so damn good!

I do have a Porcelain Pink MSF coming, am actually not sure if that will suit me. Hmm, I'm off to read the reviews on it!

Shawna

You need it! I have it and I adore it. I am super duper pale. NW 15 at best. It looks great on me and I get tonnes of compliments. You just need to use a light hand
smiles.gif

mspixieears

D'oh! Thanks Shawna my wallet didn't need to hear that
greengrin.gif
hmm...just when I'd convinced myself out of it. Ack!

Wattage

ITA with Shawna
smiles.gif
I think as long as you have the 187 this will be awesome on you. It's my 2nd fave MSF!

bebs

th_confused_new.gif
it turned up orange and muddy on me.. and I'm N4 or NW20 so I sold it... just my toughts.. its pretty in the box thing.. not so pretty on for me... I'm jealous for those that can pull it off cause I want to

Shawna

It's so weird that it was dark on everyone else. I swear it looks good on me. Every time I wear it, I have people stop me and ask what I am wearing to make me glow like that. I definitely use it sparingly though. I have pink undertones though so maybe it looks bad if you have yellow undertones? I think that's why it works so well on me. It is the only brown bronzer I have used that has a pink/rose tone to it.

michy_mimi

I am NW15 and I love my so Ceylon, I just apply it lightly with my stipling brush. If you do it any other way it would be way too dark
smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
It's so weird that it was dark on everyone else. I swear it looks good on me. Every time I wear it, I have people stop me and ask what I am wearing to make me glow like that. I definitely use it sparingly though. I have pink undertones though so maybe it looks bad if you have yellow undertones? I think that's why it works so well on me. It is the only brown bronzer I have used that has a pink/rose tone to it.

I have pink undertones, too, Shawna. I wonder if this is why SC works for us? Interesting observation!!
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

Aha, that must be the cracker. I have one friend who says I'm the same colour as him, but I just don't have the pink in my skin that many Caucasians have (being a non-Caucasian). It's kind of true. I definitely have yellow undertones.

I think my problem is solved...a fellow Specktra member hooked me up with Stereo Rose! Cheer!

Thank you all so much! You really came through with ace advice!

jinsy

Here to give my 2 cents again
lol.gif
Am Asian and I've always felt I should take base m/u with pink rather than yellow undertones else I'd look more sallow than ever. Stereo Rose totally didn't work for me! Weird, I know:confused:

lara

If you find any of the MSFs too dark (barring something like Metal Rock on NW15 skin...), apply them with a very fluffy blush brush. It won't deposit the colour with any of the intensity that you'd get from a denser brush, just sheerly flush the colour onto your cheeks.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Thanks for the tip Lara!

Strangely, I can wear cooler/pink colours but anything too warm makes me look ill. Petticoat looks nice on my skin, at least I think so
smiles.gif

Stereo Rose...I just purchased one from a fellow Specktra member and I don't know, it looks quite peachy to me but not too yellowing. At least I hope not. I also have Porcelain Pink on its way and that might be far too pink and silvery for me.

Latest posts