So freakin upset

xxAngelxx

Okay, so UPS always delivers my packages around 5pm. Unfortunately I work from 2-10:30pm. Sometimes they leave my box with my apartment manager and sometimes they reschedule the delivery. Sucks, but oh well.

Problem is, they delivered my package yesterday to one of my neighbors. I live upstairs right next to the stairs. Am I suppose to just knock on everyone's door? I know some of my neighbors are shady so I doubt they'd just give me my box.

I've already spoken to my apartment manager and she said no one has a lease under the last name that signed for my box. UPS said to ask around then call MAC if no one has my box.

I'm so frustrated. Why would they leave a box with a neighbor? Ugh. I had the UPS rep leave a note on my account saying to NOT leave boxes with neighbors ever again.

I just want my Hello Kitty.
cry.gif

Hilly

aww man that is so sucky!!!
Maybe UPS will pay for it because you have a note on your account that specifically says not to leave your package.

xxAngelxx

^ That's the thing. I just put the note there today. I have never, ever had any shipping company leave a package with any neighbor, so I never thought I'd have to specify not to do so.

pop violet

OMG! Soo frustrating!! Can you call UPS and have them talk to the UPS delivery guy and see who he left the box with? I mean would he know what apartment # that he left it with?

UPS should definitely be accountable for this. It's one thing if someone at your ADDRESS signs for the package but if a neighbor signs for it, UPS should be able to provide information on what apartment this neighbor lives in so it's trackable. They are so lazy sometimes. Good luck with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxAngelxx
Okay, so UPS always delivers my packages around 5pm. Unfortunately I work from 2-10:30pm. Sometimes they leave my box with my apartment manager and sometimes they reschedule the delivery. Sucks, but oh well.

Problem is, they delivered my package yesterday to one of my neighbors. I live upstairs right next to the stairs. Am I suppose to just knock on everyone's door? I know some of my neighbors are shady so I doubt they'd just give me my box.

I've already spoken to my apartment manager and she said no one has a lease under the last name that signed for my box. UPS said to ask around then call MAC if no one has my box.

I'm so frustrated. Why would they leave a box with a neighbor? Ugh. I had the UPS rep leave a note on my account saying to NOT leave boxes with neighbors ever again.

I just want my Hello Kitty.
cry.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop violet
UPS should definitely be accountable for this. , UPS should be able to provide information on what apartment this neighbor lives in so it's trackable.

Actually, they are supposed to be, and they do. This happened to me once, and I was able to view the last name of the signer online, and call customer service line and have them tell me who signed as well. Turns out it was my next door neighbor. For me, I actually prefer this, because UPS and FedEx hardly deliver when I'm home, so the drivers now have my consent to leave packages with him, but in the event that YOU DO NOT give this consent, the carrier is responsible for your package . good luck!

TISH1124

Yeah UPS and FEDEX ask me all the time...Can I leave your neighbors package with you...They are never home.....I said Okay if they are never home for you...why are they gonna be home for me....I said No, I think you need to leave a note for them to come to the hub and pick it up...I am not taking responsibility for it. I did at first but then it became a constant thing of them ringing my door bell....

xxAngelxx

Quick update:

The local UPS store manager called me to let me know she is trying to reach the driver so he can let her know exactly where he left the box.

I called MAC and they are opening an investigation about the location of this box. The rep, Ashley, said once they find out whats up (if I can't get my box back), they will re-deliver my package.

So I'm pissed. Who knows how long I'm going to have to wait for my stuff. By now, I'm guessing my neighbor that has it is not trustworthy if they still have not come by with it. Or they're working. But either way, I'm mad.

TISH1124

I don't want to piss you off further but UPS misdelivered a package to me On Friday from MAC ...MAC CS called to tell me...before I even figured it out...The sucky part...the item I ordered is SOLD OUT...they said they are trying to get me one within the next 2 weeks...OK from WHERE?????

xxAngelxx

Ok, UPS called again. They delivered my package a couple doors down. I went over there, but no answer. So we'll see. And if MAC has to reship my order, so far none of my stuff has been sold out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

X4biddenxLustX

I'm sorry! I hope you get your HK goodies either way.

The post office where I live sucks horribly. I'm constantly getting other people's things in the mail and vice versa. We had an order from amazon.com (and the box wasn't some tiny box, it was quite big) delivered to someone who lived down the street from us. Thank goodness this guy was nice enough to bring it to us. But yeah some people are just shady and will keep your stuff and act like nothing happened!

I don't understand why they would even have leaving your package to your neighbor as an option? Maybe if you knew them well enough and trusted them yeah..but Idk I'm not comfortable with the idea.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I don't want to piss you off further but UPS misdelivered a package to me On Friday from MAC ...MAC CS called to tell me...before I even figured it out...The sucky part...the item I ordered is SOLD OUT...they said they are trying to get me one within the next 2 weeks...OK from WHERE?????

That's good that MAC was at least aware of this and told you asap. What item did you order that was sold out? If they can't get it for you since it's sold out, maybe just have them give you a refund on it and see if any other sites that are selling the HK collection still have it for sale?

Can't stand careless mistakes like this that cost us not only our time and money but our MAC!
nonono.gif

xxAngelxx

YES!!!!! I finally found a neighbor - 4 DOORS DOWN - that had my box. She just happened to be out smoking and saw me. So I finally get to play with at least part of my HK goodies and my very first paint pot. Yay! And thanks everyone for all your input!
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah UPS and FEDEX ask me all the time...Can I leave your neighbors package with you...They are never home.....I said Okay if they are never home for you...why are they gonna be home for me....I said No, I think you need to leave a note for them to come to the hub and pick it up...I am not taking responsibility for it. I did at first but then it became a constant thing of them ringing my door bell....

That is ridiculous that they expect a neighbor to be responsible for a package...who's to say they even know you, ya know? I would much rather pick it up an hour away at the hub than risk it getting lost. I actually had a package stolen when I lived in Alaska...it was delivered to my house where I had a bunch of roommates (like 25!), and one of them stole it! So I don't even trust people I live with...well now I do b/c it's just me and my husband, but...lol.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxAngelxx
YES!!!!! I finally found a neighbor - 4 DOORS DOWN - that had my box. She just happened to be out smoking and saw me. So I finally get to play with at least part of my HK goodies and my very first paint pot. Yay! And thanks everyone for all your input!
smiles.gif

Yay, I'm glad you got your goodies! I would of went on complete panic mode if I didn't get my things lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
That is ridiculous that they expect a neighbor to be responsible for a package...who's to say they even know you, ya know? I would much rather pick it up an hour away at the hub than risk it getting lost. I actually had a package stolen when I lived in Alaska...it was delivered to my house where I had a bunch of roommates (like 25!), and one of them stole it! So I don't even trust people I live with...well now I do b/c it's just me and my husband, but...lol.

I totally agree! I can't tell you how many people would be delighted in receiving a FREE package in the mail that doesn't belong to them but decide to keep it.

There are some people who know everything about their neighbors and everyone on their street and are good friends with them and stuff. Not me. Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but I'm a very private person and like my privacy. I live in an goody goody uppity area and I swear the people who do know, probably think I'm some crazy wild girl lol.

This whole thing makes worries me if I ever decide to order more things online.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
That's good that MAC was at least aware of this and told you asap. What item did you order that was sold out? If they can't get it for you since it's sold out, maybe just have them give you a refund on it and see if any other sites that are selling the HK collection still have it for sale?

Can't stand careless mistakes like this that cost us not only our time and money but our MAC!
nonono.gif

Actually it was Lavender Whip...I ordered it for my sister.... I have two so I can send her one of mine...But I am just curiouswhere they will get it from if it's LE

Septemba

Wow, that is so frustrating and uncool. Do not mess with the MAC
nonono.gif
I hope you get your stuff soon, waiting is death!!!

Last year I had either the postman or a courier leave a massive box at my front door in plain view, with a big sticker saying 'signature required on delivery'. Wth?

It was for a house the next street over! They were so pissed about the whole thing when I gave it to them, there were some sort of electronics worth a bunch of money in the box.

Latest posts