Solar Bits?

iluffyew769769

I hate the texture of these... But I am not sure if I am using them right? How does everyone use them are they easier to apply with a mixing medium? I would love suggestions, because they are pretty colors, and I don't want to sell them!

sofabean

i don't like the texture of these either. there's a lot of fall-out with the use of these. you could try a mixing medium or even just experiment using them wet if you want and see how that turns out.

macedout

i hate the texture too, they're going back...
too chunky and give a swollen skin appearance, lumpy & crusty
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

panda0410

ACK - dont send them back! LOL - get yourself a really firm brush!!! I pretty much only use pigments and you need a firm brush - these are no different to flaky horrible chunky pigments, you can reduce the fallout but keep the gorgeous colour by just using a different brush! Soft brushes will result in fallout and really poor colour payoff, but a firm brush makes the world of difference - give it a try at least, you might save yourself a trip
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
I returned sunpower icky but kept black ore and bronzescape they gorgeous!

I can see that sunpower is really hard to use compared to the others. i am contemplating the same thing!!!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
ACK - dont send them back! LOL - get yourself a really firm brush!!! I pretty much only use pigments and you need a firm brush - these are no different to flaky horrible chunky pigments, you can reduce the fallout but keep the gorgeous colour by just using a different brush! Soft brushes will result in fallout and really poor colour payoff, but a firm brush makes the world of difference - give it a try at least, you might save yourself a trip
smiles.gif

Which MAC brush would you recommend?

amenonine

I agree with the firmer brush, but also tap off excess when applying? I usually apply a little bit at a time to reduce fall off, but even then, maybe try pressing them? They are press-able.

the other day i sprayed some fix+ on my liner brush and dipped it into some Black Ore, and omg, the most gorgeous gold flaked black liner EVER. It also reduced the fall out.

Latest posts