sold out already

Gisselle

wow--i just checked the mac site and both sundressing pigments are already sold out.. that was FAST

zwfan

lucky me i placed order yesterday for the two piggies
smiles.gif

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
That is crazy!! What's going on with these pigments???!?!?!?!

you think they could be short producing stuff b/c pre-orders (what the stores order) & market projections for having collections so close together to drive demand. ah marketing, i did indeed learn something
rofl.gif

OR the ebay-ers are at it again?

kittenluvsmac

The pigment collector in me had to get both. Was anyone else's a bit less than full to the top of the container, though? Hmm. I'm sure they were used, but all the other pigments I've bought have been full.

bebs

mine dont have the impression from the top or anything and alot of pigment lose in the box

Colorqueen

Well for whatever it is worth, I have created dupes (one of which is a bit prettier, btw) for a lot less $

So if they are hard to get, let me know and I will post the dupe recipes.

This pigment thing is getting ridiculous. I am tired of having to rush to buy a pigment because it will sell out in a few hours. These guys are going to over extend this *demand* thing eventually.

toby1

I thought they might sell out fast online since the Sweetie Cakes one went so quickly, glad I ordered as soon as I saw them up

I don't know if they were ever there in the first place, but at lunchtime yesterday, all the items from the sundressing body page (except the medium bronzing stuff) were sold out on the UK site.

That's ridiculous!

Especially because I want the summery and seadip nail lacquers, but hopefully I can get them in store.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisselle
wow--i just checked the mac site and both sundressing pigments are already sold out.. that was FAST

I know the feeling, I guess one good thing for me is the MAC location here hasnt even launched it yet so i hope that im going to be the first one to get there before everything sells out.

martygreene

This does actually really irk me, as the PRO site is also sold out. I don't buy things sight unseen, as I can't afford to waste money on products that I won't use for myself or clients. I know my clientele and I know myself. It upsets me that I am continually forced to have to buy from my local counter (there are no stores local to me), and forfeit my (hard-earned in my opinion) discount.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
This does actually really irk me, as the PRO site is also sold out. I don't buy things sight unseen, as I can't afford to waste money on products that I won't use for myself or clients. I know my clientele and I know myself. It upsets me that I am continually forced to have to buy from my local counter (there are no stores local to me), and forfeit my (hard-earned in my opinion) discount.

Thankfully long before I learned about MAC, I stashed up a ton of neutral toned makeup so when I order MAC I order what I think I would like and if I happen to be able to use it on clients, then hooray. I never ever get to see ANY MAC, so I have to order sight unseen unless I find photos or good descriptions here or MUA.

It does stink though. This OOS thing is rather unprofessional, imo. Professionals are supposed to be working, not standing by their computer screens, or on the phone WAITING for MAC to open so they can grab LE stuff before it goes OOS.

Wontpayretail23

I've never seen any other MAC items sell out on day 1 like this before. Yesterday I went to my counter and bought both of the Sundressing pigments. Today I went back when I heard Gold Dusk was sold out on MAC.com, and Gloss.com. My counter (which still has culturebloom by the way) was sold out of Gold Dusk. I was shocked. Gold Dusk is already selling for over $29 for a full size on ebay.

Latest posts