Speaking of Confidence

Ursula

I thought I’d try something today that is not what I typically do. At all! I never really like myself in blues, don't know why.

But all of you with your wild and crazy eyes inspired me. So this is my first time trying something like this. I’m thinking I did NOT nail it, but maybe someone will give me some pointers for improvement.

LOL, after I did this, I realized I was going to have to pick up my Junior High daughter at school in the middle of lunch break at her private Christian School. In the interest of not frightening any of the good Christian men and women who work there or embarrassing my daughter (and I would have embarrassed her as she’s not into the whole makeup thing), I decided to smudge off the wings and look at least somewhat normal. She appreciated it. I imagine the Red Lips alone were shocking to some of the folks there!
Please feel very free to give me some constructive criticism, I really need it!
Face:
Mary Kay full coverage foundation in Beige 400
Boing Concealer and Eye Bright
MAC Select Sheer Loose NC30
Style Demon Mineralize Blush

Eyes:

Generic White Pigment over lid to just above crease
Big T through crease and to outer wing
Surreal above crease and in inner corner
Wondergrass below crease and to outer wing, inner corner and lower lash line from inside corner to center
Chill for higligh
Fascinating eye kohl inside lash line along bottom and out half of top, below lash line and drawn out to wing
Mabeline Great lash mascara in Very Black

Lip:
Ruby Woo

623840966_APtjJ-M.jpg

623840890_NdLDk-M.jpg

623840841_TiVpy-M.jpg

623840831_Q9XpP-M.jpg

623840852_pyP6M-M.jpg

Ursula

624008062_kyMGq-M.jpg

The first shot I took of this look was overexposed but I kind of liked it anyway. I played with it a bit and this is what I came up with. Thought it came out kind of cool so decided to share it with ya'll.

girloflowers

it's great, the blending and lips and creativity are brilliant.
my only constructive crit is that with any kind of.. extravagant look lke this, making sure the skin looks toootally stupidly flawless really helps
smiles.gif
You already have good skin, but some undereye concealer and a slightly heavier foundation would look spot on
smiles.gif

and maybe a different mascara? something more noticeable
greengrin.gif

HTH!

Tahti

So dramatic! I love how you did the E/S on your lid, the lightly blended stripes look so cool ^_^
CC though, I agree with girloflowers - for extreme looks, a completely blank skin look (think flawless 1940's film star) works a lot better. The best foundation I've found for creating that look is Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, it's coverage is absolutely amazing and it comes in loads of shades.
Your lips are so well painted in, they look perfect!

LoveMakeup4Real

lmao.gif
@ the story. Pretty look! I love the colors together. Your eyelashes and eyebrows look really good, and I like the touch of green on your lower lid. The lips looks beautiful. Nice job!

Ursula

Thanks ya'll! I appreciate the CC.

I am waiting impatiently for my Sephora to start carrying Illamaqua, which they said should be in September. I'm afraid to purchase online in case the color doesn't match. Maybe I should post a recommend in that section to see what one would typically use if they are an NC25.

I would like to get better at achieving that flawless foundation look. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Do ya'll think the winged up look works on my eye shape? I never really feel very comfortable with it.

aeroerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula
Hey does anyone know why the 'thanks' button doesn't always show up for me?

This is more of a guess than anything else, but I think it may be disabled for replies in certain parts of the forum. At least, that's what it seems to me.

For your look, I absolutely LOVED all the detail you did on the eye, especially on the lower lashline. The closeups really show the effort you put into making such a cool look. And I love the red lips on you!

Latest posts