SPECKTRA FAQ: How Specktra.net came about

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
Where does the name Specktra come from? Just curious, because I don't know if it's from a collection, shade, or something more random. :p

It all goes back to soupsake needing to shut down her original MAC resource site for awhile. After awhile it became clear that there was no intent to bring the site back (as it once was). We (MUA people) had all respected her and her site immensely and it's loss was felt to all.
ssad.gif

I had contacted soupsake asking to either purchase the site, or maintain the site on my server as an archive so that all the valuable (to MAC addicts!) information would not be completely lost forever.

Another MUA memeber, Chelsea, was also feeling the same... that the loss of soupsake was really devastating for MAC fans.

One night I saw Chelsea posting on MUA how someone should start a new MAC resource (IIRC she proposed herself
greengrin.gif
). I had spoken with her a few times before on IM and we really had gotten along well. I IM'd her and was like "DUDE LETS DOOO EEIT"! She was totally into it as well so the idea was born that we would collaborate on a resource site together... and now you have Specktra.
thmbup.gif

I've had a TON of help from various sources with the site, so many people have come forward with their lists and information and various ideas on how they could help expand the site and make it more comprehensive. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful the MAC community is and how generous they have been with letting Specktra mirror the data they have worked so devotedly to compile.

Martygreene has helped us out immensely with organizing the reviews forum, maintaining the pigment and precautions list, and bringing you many of the topics you are viewing in the FAQ forum.

Carolineswing from MUA has let Specktra mirror her comprehensive pigment list.

TurboKittyKat has allowed Specktra to host/mirror her international pricing list.

Squally AKA Mike, a friend of mine, designed the front end of the site, and did a completely wonderful job despite the limited budget we had.
greengrin.gif

Alexa is working to help bring her wonderful product photos to Specktra.

Elorien designed the first forum layout (pinks and purples).

Adrienne AKA Leppy designed the current forum layout with the awesome caricatures of the MAC promotional models.

The member who suggested Specktra as a name for the site is Bexx.

Most importantly Soupsake herself for allowing us to mirror her sites content and giving us the opportunity to preserve that information for posterity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
also i was wondering..how did this website get started? and like do all the moderators and admin. all know eachother and stuff?

Chelsea and I were MUA buddies and that's how we knew each other, but she lives in Lethbridge, Alberta and I live in Kyle, TX so we have never met each other in person although we chat on the phone. Chelsea is no longer involved with Specktra.Net.

I don't know any of the mods personally except Jessica, who is my older sister. The rest of the ladies are souls that I grew to know and love after their participation on MUA/Specktra.

Latest posts